Drive bay fans?

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Are there any drive bay design fans, that you can stick in the 3.5 inch drive bays? I have 3x5.25 inch drive bays free at the moment and I think putting in some intake fans would be helpful, but I don't know what to use to hold em. Is there a pre-built fanbay device for holding fans? What size fans should I get? I use 2x120mm fans on my cpu cooler, but I'm not sure if 120mm fans would fit into a drive bay type device.

edit: it was 5.25 inch bays not 3.5, lol.

will this thing do the trick?

http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-Vortex...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261792426&sr=1-5

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How many bays are you looking to use up? If you have 3 bays free I highly recommend the Mountain Mods triple bay 120mm fan mount. It's less than $10 and works pretty well. I like that you can choose whatever fan you want (as opposed to the CM or Kama bay you pay for the fan). The only downside is you need to purchase a fan grill. For tool-less mounting systems you may have to modify it a bit, but that took me less than 10min for my Raidmax Smilodon (dremeled out some parts where the drive guides go and drilled some new holes for screws).

That's a HDD cooler with a HDD bay in it, it's meant to cool a single HDD that's installed into the bay. Somehow I don't think that's what you're after. You can try the mountainmods adapter or go for the Scythe Kama Bay or Lian Li's 5.25 inch Intake Cooling Kit . They also have another 3 X 5.25" Fan Module.
The Scythe and first Lian Li comes with fan - not sure about the Scythe but the fan on the Lian Li can be replaced with another 12mm fan. The other Lian Li doesn't come with fan. Should fit on standard 3x5.25" bays.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back