DreamHost one year of webhosting and domain name for 9.24usd ENDS MIDNIGHT PST (1/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationBoy

Weaksauce
just encase people didn't know about it.

8. NO SITE-HOSTING DEALS, period.

the offer ends 11:59pm PST

i've used dreamhost for a couple years just for personal hosting, never had any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went through and signed up and was never asked to enter a promo code and think i got charged regular price... i opened a case with support.

@Database, dang sorry it here that, i signed up a couple hours a go for a friend and it went through fine. they are doing a 2 week trial period so you should be able to cancel your account before they charge you. hopefully

i guess the deal is over now though. sorry for posting this so late, wish i had known about it earlier.

is there unlimited bandwith really unlimited? ive had a few hosts can me for using too much even know it was sold to me as unlimited.

@Database, dang sorry it here that, i signed up a couple hours a go for a friend and it went through fine. they are doing a 2 week trial period so you should be able to cancel your account before they charge you. hopefully

i guess the deal is over now though. sorry for posting this so late, wish i had known about it earlier.

(Hurry, sale ends 1/19/2010 at 11:59PM PST!)

Just signed up a few minutes ago. They only charged me $9.24 and gave me $110 credit to cover the rest

is there unlimited bandwith really unlimited? ive had a few hosts can me for using too much even know it was sold to me as unlimited.

No such thing as "unlimited bandwidth"* with shared webhosting, so I'd look around the fine print. If it's not in the fine print then chances are they'll just cut you off and/or ask you to upgrade to a higher plan.

*There are unmetered hosting plans out there, but it's a completely different cost and service.

i went through and signed up and was never asked to enter a promo code and think i got charged regular price... i opened a case with support.

its tricky, it did ask except they camouflaged it. It was on the same page where it asks you what town you were born in, it was marked as an [optional] field.

Remember, its good for one year, but pretty expensive after 1 year, if you plan to run a webpage for a while and are on a budget, consider 1&1.

1&1 is a German company with very reliable service, and offers many good hosting plans with excellent pricing, which also include bunch Database and PHP support. I've had my web online since early 2004, never had prob with them and the tech support is by phone 24/7

Just fyi don't use dreamhost for anything more than a personal webpage/blog. They oversell capacity more than any other webhost I've ever used and their support is horrible.

I used Dreamhost a few years ago. They were ok, but after switching to GoDaddy, I realized that they lacked in a few areas. GoDaddy has much better support and their servers seem to be more reliable.

Dreamhost gave a free upgrade to a plan with a diskspace quota as such: Unlimited + 50GB

Yes, they literally stated that as the quota and even explained how nowadays "Unlimited" isn't enough since all other major providers do the same marketing scheme. The +50GB means that I am guaranteed 50GB of space.

EDIT: This was about 4 to 6 months ago.

EDIT2: Heh, they call it "50GB in backups" ... although I am 100% positive that in my control panel, before I hit the free upgrade button, it was saying "Unlimited + 50GB" and what I said above my edits.

Last edited:
Yo RadiationBoy, I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but Beyoncé has one of the best web hosts of all time. One of the best web hosts of all time!

George Bush doesn't care about web hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back