Draw distance/ (object quality?) problem with 8800gt

gnb

n00b
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
3
Since i installed crysis a mount or so, i noticed i very low draw distance. I have played it before and there wasnt such thing. Its not exactly draw distance, is happens with not so far objects

This happens on all games (even with Q3 engine games like SW Jedi Academy) and all look similar. I have and example with Dragon Age http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/28/asdyz.gif/ It's not only for objects in the distance but also in a close one (like whe white ox on this GIF) See how his texture is changing when im a step closer.
SW The force unleshed( There and on crysis is the most obvious texture chage) http://vbox7.com/play:d5fe0b6f (its 1 sec but shows the problem)
COD MW2: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2775/asd1.gif changing of the texture of the tank in the backgroud
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3226/asd3.gif changing of the car and the fence outside
3dmark vantage score http://service.futuremark.com/home.action;jsessionid=984544208BE732B0A58E8896CAB6703A (i think its normal
3dmark 06 result is ~ 700 pts lower than on xp(~200 lower shader and processor score) but maybe its because its older version and doesnt recognise Win 7
Im with Windows 7, 8800gt (tried different drivers, but without success) E8400, albatron pxp35. I havent noticed such thing on XP. Is it possible to be a windows issue? I also clocked my card a little some time ago (from 600/1500/900 to 660/1700/940) it's stock now. Is it possible that i "bugged" something with the clock? Thanks

PS. Those are gifs so please wait 5-10 sec if they dont start to move immediately after opening
 
Last edited:
It's def AF. crank it up at the driver level and you shouldn't be seeing these distortions. I had the same "problem" with Dragon Age since it does not have app level support for AF.
 
It's def AF. crank it up at the driver level and you shouldn't be seeing these distortions. I had the same "problem" with Dragon Age since it does not have app level support for AF.
I tried but it didnt make any changes. And its not in single game only. Its in all games, even onces that were ok before

@Painkill3r- If it is texture popping, how can i fix it? Is AF the only way( which didnt help though)
 
Last edited:
Other ideas? :( I just installed COD 2 and it's the same (if not worse). The only think left to do is format and installing XP. I hope that it's some software issue with Win 7( or drivers for Win7) and not a hardware one.
 
Back
Top