Draining system - need help

TechJeff

Limp Gawd
I am wanting to get the parts needed to make an in-line drain system for my water cooling. The case is way too big and heavy to move/tilt and I need a way to easily drain when needed. My parts I am using are compression fittings for 1/2 ID and 3/4 OD tubing, so I am looking for something like this:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24529

Would this work and if so, what extra parts would I need to get? I have 2 vertical mounted 360 radiators with the plugs oriented at the bottom. Do I just need to put one of these drain plugs on one line and if so does it matter which line I use? Is there anything else I would need for parts to make it work with my fittings/tubing?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes, you can use that, but I would use a T-adapter with some hose coming off of the T and then a plug at the end of that hose. It would be easier to empty out because you have some room to work with (extra hose).

Do I just need to put one of these drain plugs on one line and if so does it matter which line I use? Is there anything else I would need for parts to make it work with my fittings/tubing?

A pic of your internal setup would help us advise you better.

Yes, you can use that, but I would use a T-adapter with some hose coming off of the T and then a plug at the end of that hose. It would be easier to empty out because you have some room to work with (extra hose).

This. The only reason I don't have a T-line with a plug for draining is because my case is too damn small.

Even if your case is small, A small T line right off the res or pump really is the easiest way to drain it outside of doing the case tip.

OK, would this part work for my drain if I connect this "T" fitting using a compression barb connected direct to one of my radiator outlets, then run a line going out of the other side of the T for the liquid cooling flow, with a stop plug for the bottom of the T? Then, when I want to drain, remove the stop plug from the bottom.

I am doing a new build so I don't have my cooling in place yet or I would provide exact layout, this is the initial building phase.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_618&products_id=24143

Yes, that T fitting should work.

I would make sure that the normal loop flow is on a straight path, you want to avoid tight turns as much as possible, although it really just makes a small difference.

In the same predicament as OP. Can I run a drain port from the graphics card block? The top two ports would be in/out for the flow, while one of the bottoms for the drain. Will be using the Swiftech Komodo for 7900 series.

Back