• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Drain valve recommendations

Dr.House

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
107
I was considering using a T connector,almost like a reverse T-line before the pump and was not sure how to cap the tubing securely. I wanted to do some research and came across this coolance device http://www.xoxide.com/koolance-14in-drain-valve.html what are your thoughts about it? I would have to buy some 1/4" tubing and some Koolance 1/4" to 1/2" convertors but it seems like a lot of hassle and was wondering if anyone else has any similar scenarios or ideas on how to implement this safely and securely.

Thanks in advance.
 
T-line, tubing and a copper cap from the hardware store...

What kind of cap, rubber washer, teflon tape, will it withstand water pressure?

Sorry, I'm just trying to visualize what I'm going to implement and need to make sure I can get what I need.
 
Dr.House said:
What kind of cap, rubber washer, teflon tape, will it withstand water pressure?

Sorry, I'm just trying to visualize what I'm going to implement and need to make sure I can get what I need.


A butt cap for the end of copper tubing. Get it one size smaller than id of your tubing. AKA 1/2" would need a 3/8" butt cap. No need for washer, tape or anything else, mabe a clamp if you want.

But if you are not mechanically inclined the fillport $BangforThe$ mentioned may be best for you...
 
Back
Top