Dragon Quest Heroes II

Do you like Dynasty Warriors? If you've never played it, I guess the easiest way to describe the game would be like Diablo, where you have a lot of enemies on the screen all at once, and some maps have objectives you need to complete in order to complete the map (such as don't let X take damage).

I enjoyed the first one for a little while (though the resolution limitation and such as it was an obvious port were a little rough)

The coop mode might make this one more fun and keep me interested. Will keep an eye on it.

Wow look at all the RPG in this game.....

Original DQ I-4 was the best at least it had dialogue and exploration...

If you enjoy any of the "Dynasty Warriors" titles or any of the other Koei-made "Musou" series titles (there are tons out there such as the Nintendo WiiU / 3DS "Hyrule Warriors",), I think you'll probably like it. Know this is not a "mainstream" Dragon Quest game at all, and simply uses familiar characters, enemies etc... from the series to tell a new story, but the gameplay is decidedly "Warriors" style hack and slash, with a RPG bend to it in terms of weapons, character growth, and unlocking of various missions/victory conditions etc. Compared to other Warriors titles DQH had more RPG elements which some will enjoy if they're into JRPGs. Its notable that DQH itself was a single player title, but the sequel is poised to offer co-op which is nice. Hopefully it will be fully online co-op for PC done right, because Musou/Warriors titles can be great fun with a friend.

Back