Dragon Front

USMCGrunt

2[H]4U
Anyone else playing this on the Rift/Gear VR? Currently in beta and free, they're asking a pretty penny for the full game. If you're into card games at all this is a must. I haven't used the Rift all that much since I got it but I've spent 8-10 hours this week inside playing Dragon Front. It's not especially deep, I'm sure there are other card games that have way more depth of play but its pretty accessible for the uninitiated (me) and provides a satisfying level of depth and the ability to get booster packs without spending real money is a plus as well. It's also cross platform with the Gear VR, I've played a few games with both and it's responsive with the ability to converse with your opponent. Even had one dude go and play with his head in the freezer because his phone was warning him of overheating, lol.

Some of the downsides, the mic is always hot...so you get to hear all bodily functions and environmental going ons of your opponent as well. You also have to keep the headset on while searching for a match, though that doesn't take long on most occasions (less than a minute), you're still stuck watching a spinning circle without anything else to do. Matchmaking seems pretty good. You can't readily see the rank of the opposing player but their card selection and ability go a long way towards figuring it out pretty fast. Once a player reaches lvl 10 with a faction their avatar (which is a floating mask) gets an overhaul but that's about it.

You're able to get up and move around the play area, though I haven't tried walking around to the other side of the table, not enough space with my current setup so I don't know how that will look. Your avatar also appears to be pinned to the middle of your side of the table. It will rotate in whatever direction you move, but I don't believe it moves with you away from its center point.

Everyone is dreaming of Yu-Gi-Oh!! dude. I'll check it out though. :)
I remember sony's Eye of Judgment looking soo cool.

Oh and speaking of hearing everything, I had a funny one today. This guy had, I'm assuming a Gear VR and his mom came in the room told him to take the thing off and clean his room, then I hear a vacuum cleaner going for a couple minutes. It was just funny to hear.

Back