Dragon Age: Origin - completely free

Thanks OP. I have some friends who have never touched a RPG because they don't think they would like them. Maybe FREE will be enough to entice them to check one out.

Sweet, I've always wanted to check this game out but never got around to buying it because of my huge backlog of games.... Can't pass up free though!

How good is this game & what is the combat like? Is it turn based or all out action? Ive never played any RPG besides FF7 lol My backlog is continually growing...blood dragon, max payne 3, heart of the swarm, dead space, deus ex:HR, batman arkham city, red orchestra..I do not know where to start lol
After looking at the dark souls 2 trailer on steam i want to get medieval....lol

Last edited:
How good is this game & what is the combat like? Is it turn based or all out action? Ive never played any RPG besides FF7 lol My backlog is continually growing...blood dragon, max payne 3, heart of the swarm, dead space, deus ex:HR, batman arkham city, red orchestra..I do not know where to start lol
After looking at the dark souls 2 trailer on steam i want to get medieval....lol

The combat is very similar to KOTOR 1 and 2.

One of my all time favorite games, the story is amazing and the combat can be very tactical and deep. The only issue is that the textures don't really hold up well, especially things like wall textures. If you can get over that, the game is amazing.

This game has one of the best trailers of all time. Gameplay itself is very challenging and fun.

Yep, that was already posted in the Free section yesterday here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1836692

Free is the HOTEST deal around. :) So I don't get why its separate. I always forget about the free section unless someone mentions it in this section.

Its not free if it comes with Origin!

I've had Origin installed since it first released and have no complaints. No difference than steam when it comes to launching a game.

Same here never had trouble w/origin or uplay but then again havent used them a lot. Ive actually had more trouble w/steam...The main issue I would get is when I open steam, sometimes it wouldnt load...very annoying.

Thanks op......added it to my back log.......will download it when or if i decide to check it out....its in my games list now so i imagine i can download it at a latter date if i decide.....nothing wrong with free:)

Same here never had trouble w/origin or uplay but then again havent used them a lot. Ive actually had more trouble w/steam...The main issue I would get is when I open steam, sometimes it wouldnt load...very annoying.

Sounds more like PEBCAK.

Free with strings......

I bought my copy, made an ISO and put the original away.
Also grabbed the DLC's

Return to Ostengar was mighty fun and the Warden keep was cool.

A couple of the added campaigns though I read were broken and had some issues.

The Golems of Amgarrak and witch hunt I believe had problems.

Never played any of those.

I doubt the free copy is any different than the one you pay money for. If there are bugs, there are bugs, it's not going to be limited to this copy then suddenly go away when the deal ends and you have to pay for it again.

Sounds more like PEBCAK.

nope i can confirm its a steam bug of sorts......almost every time i log into steam it fails the first try with an error......why? who knows but its no big deal

I doubt the free copy is any different than the one you pay money for. If there are bugs, there are bugs, it's not going to be limited to this copy then suddenly go away when the deal ends and you have to pay for it again.

Not talking about bugs, talking about through which the game is played/activated.

Online DRM blows.

Outside of origin thereupon is no drm. Just install and play.

If you buy the expansions then the DRM is bugged. It took a week of 3 hour sessions talking to the Origin reps on the phone and live chat trying to get my DLC to work. Someone here on [H]ardocp ended up helping me. The base game always worked fine for me though. They need to get rid of their DRM for the DLC.

Back