DPreview aquired by Amazon

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0705/07051402amazonacquiresdpreview.asp

Will this change the trustworthiness of DPreview ? Like every new review getting the "cool product" stamp followed by a link to Amazon.com where ppl can buy it ?

I doubt it will change it much, its not like Amazon is producing the digital equipment and forcing DPreview to review differently. I buy most of photography stuff from amazon anyway because im a prime member and get super cheap or free 1-2 day shipping, and their prices are always within 10 bucks of bhphoto and adorama.

i bet fredmiranda is pissed he couldnt profit and fill his pockets with amazon money. but then again he fills his pockets from the end users

i bet fredmiranda is pissed he couldnt profit and fill his pockets with amazon money. but then again he fills his pockets from the end users

So what you have a problem with them making any money running review sites. It costs them for bandwith and, staff. I dont mind them making money as, long as, it is not from manufacturers, to push inferior products as being the best buy.

So what you have a problem with them making any money running review sites. It costs them for bandwith and, staff. I dont mind them making money as, long as, it is not from manufacturers, to push inferior products as being the best buy.

nope i have the problem with people taking money and not doing anything to make the sites better. to just take money and not do anything about the problems shows that its about money not the people

Wow, I had no idea this even happened. I hadn't been on the site in quite some time, until I was recently shopping for a new digital camera. However, I never saw thart particular news posting. The site needs to get a nice overhaul, in my opinion. The content is good, but the layout and navigation could be improved some.

this is old news. This happened a few months ago....

...and this topic was originally from a couple months ago. I only saw it now, hence my comments. ;)

Back