DP965LT SpeedStep/C1E Problem

COOLDUDEGAMER

Weaksauce
Hello all,

I have an Intel DP965LT motherboard with a Pentium Dual-Core E5300.
The processor is supposed to be running at 2.6 GHz but, it is only running at 1.2 GHz.

I have looked everywhere in the BIOS (latest installed) and cannot figure out how to get it running to where it is supposed to be.

Everywhere I read online, they say to disable SpeedStep or C1E in the BIOS but, it is no where in the BIOS on this board?!

This board is supposed to support the processor in question.

Any ideas?

Is this an old motherboard? Maybe it requires a BIOS update for this processor?

But when you say it's only running at 1.2 GHz, you mean even under max load it's only 1.2 GHz? Because I believe that is the correct idle speed.

I think EIST and CPU C States are under the Power Menu in the BIOS. Or it could appear as "Processor Power Management".

What OS are you using?

I just said that it has the latest BIOS in it. And there is NO MENU OPTION in the BIOS for any sore of power management. Even my Father that has been doing computer for 25 years checked & nada.

This board supports the proc, so, IDK what is going on as to why it refuses to only say 1.2 GHz in the BIOS & w/ CPU-Z.

It is running Win7 Pro. I just nuked the drive 4 times & reinstalled Win7 Pro 4 times and it still says that.

On PCPitstop, it says that it is only running HALF of what it should be.
I just nuked it and reinstalled last night, and finally got the drivers to install, so, we will see what happens when I try running SETI or Rosetta or Folding on it.

Back