Looking to run 6 monitors from the 6950 asus dcii in eyefinity, all the monitors are dvi connected at their ports.
question 1: Can you actually run a six screen configuration with some of six monitors connected to the 6950 2gb and another amount of them connected to the dcii with the crossfire ribbons?
question 2: If not, Is it worth buying four DP-dual head hdmi adapters (zotac[i think they're the only ones on the market]) for the dcii. In anticipation that leavind one of the hdmi slots in each dongle free for subsequent future use of using 12 monitors. So it would be {EMPTY}-HDMI= DP =HDMI-{DVI} (X4) &, DVI-DVI (X2)
mini-DP - single dvi dongles in th uk here are very expensie , I have one and it cost me £45-50 I remember,(although they have reduced in rice to £15-£16 for non-approved ones)), the zotac dual split dongles are roughly £30 a piece.
here are my two GPU's: http://www.tekheads.co.uk/product/VTX-3D-ATI-Radeon-HD6950-2GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-2xDVI-I-H_41444.html
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6950_DCII2DI4S2GD5/
I have 6 of these http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=1707FPT-R, looking to get four more in near future for 2x5 setup, in the meantime its a 2x3 setup
6 of these: http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=PwviT-60K4mN8gOU6c3WDg&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAA
3 of these http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=XAviT6GZJMTb8gP21dzVDg&ved=0CJABEPMCMAE
2 of these http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=ewviT-DdLM6b8gP9i_XUDg&ved=0CJIBEPMCMAE (alhough I do believe i have an ati approved one [not an apple one] ) which cost £50 as already mentioned.
***questions the interweb if apple miniDP-DVI connectors would be compatible for ATI/AMD cards nowadays**
question 1: Can you actually run a six screen configuration with some of six monitors connected to the 6950 2gb and another amount of them connected to the dcii with the crossfire ribbons?
question 2: If not, Is it worth buying four DP-dual head hdmi adapters (zotac[i think they're the only ones on the market]) for the dcii. In anticipation that leavind one of the hdmi slots in each dongle free for subsequent future use of using 12 monitors. So it would be {EMPTY}-HDMI= DP =HDMI-{DVI} (X4) &, DVI-DVI (X2)
mini-DP - single dvi dongles in th uk here are very expensie , I have one and it cost me £45-50 I remember,(although they have reduced in rice to £15-£16 for non-approved ones)), the zotac dual split dongles are roughly £30 a piece.
here are my two GPU's: http://www.tekheads.co.uk/product/VTX-3D-ATI-Radeon-HD6950-2GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-2xDVI-I-H_41444.html
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6950_DCII2DI4S2GD5/
I have 6 of these http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=1707FPT-R, looking to get four more in near future for 2x5 setup, in the meantime its a 2x3 setup
6 of these: http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=PwviT-60K4mN8gOU6c3WDg&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAA
3 of these http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=XAviT6GZJMTb8gP21dzVDg&ved=0CJABEPMCMAE
2 of these http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=ewviT-DdLM6b8gP9i_XUDg&ved=0CJIBEPMCMAE (alhough I do believe i have an ati approved one [not an apple one] ) which cost £50 as already mentioned.
***questions the interweb if apple miniDP-DVI connectors would be compatible for ATI/AMD cards nowadays**
Last edited: