DP -> HDMI 2.0 adapter now available!

KleitusIV

n00b
I just saw Club3D post the availability of new adapters for Displayport and mini Displayport to HDMI 2.0:

http://club-3d.com/index.php/produc...layport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html
http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/pr...layport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

Supposedly the full support will now be for AMD, nVidia and Intel HD/Iris adapters to fully support HDMI 2.0 through Displayport. According to the spec sheet it's the full range of 3840x2160@60hz with 4:4:4 and HDCP.

Super important for those (like me) with an AMD GFX and a wish to go UHD TV screen!

They announced it months ago, not seeing price of anything. Does it even exist ....?

They are not out officially. I went digging and found an original manufacturer of the board needed called Parade company. They sell to Bizlink who makes the part but only sells in bulk so if had like 200 people we could put in an order. However, they have a retail company named Accell Cables. I talked to the head sales man from there as their parent company gave me their direct line. He states, there is a lot of demand for this and they have gotten requests and it should be out December to January but definitely no later than February. This Parade is the only one making the part right now he said so check the Accell Cable website often and when it is ready it should be up for order at about 40-50 dollars he said.

-rob

Club3D just posted it on twitter yesterday and a couple of shops in Europe have started putting it up for ~40€. But yes actual stock remains to be seen.

Interestingly AMD also just posted new "Crimson" drivers where one of the new-list-items is "support for DP to HDMI 2.0 adapters".

Might be closer than we think. :)

Hopefully not much, cause I am going to very badly need one of these for me new 55" SONY TV since I am still stuck using a 780ti.

Nice addition for the AMD Fury owners, though I am looking for one that does the opposite: HDMI 2.0 on GPU to a displayport 1.2 monitor...

MSI's GTX 970 is the only 970 out there that only gave 1 DP, and my BL3201PT doesn't support HDMI 2.0...

Accell also has this cable available as well. But as of this writing they're currently sold out.

Back