Downside to taking case window out?

C

C0)3|24

Guest
Would there be a downside to this? It seems to me having the extra air flow would be a good thing, the only thing bad i can think of about doing this is dust.


I.E. Case with a window, take the window out so there is just the hole.
 
It could dirupt your case airflow, or it could help... it's pretty unpredictable. Try it and find out.
 
Replace the window with some mesh. ;)

I'm in the process of cutting out a chinese dragon on my case door and when I'm done, I'm gonna put some fine screen to keep air flow but reduce the dirt that can get in.
 
Alright i had the window out and temp dropped like 2-3 degrees but was alot louder... also while the window was out i added a 60mm back fan which reads as the power fan...
So I was gonna try it with the window in and the new fan in but when I put the window in I heard this high humming sound. Check out these numbers u can tell the clear differnce in the power fan rpms from when the window was out and window in.


3/2/2004 10:25:54 PM - Power FAN:5625, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:36, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:26:55 PM - Power FAN:5818, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:37, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:27:56 PM - Power FAN:5818, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:37, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:28:57 PM - Power FAN:5273, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:37, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:29:58 PM - Power FAN:5113, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6026, CPU Temp:38, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:32:46 PM - Power FAN:5113, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:37, System Temp:29,

3/2/2004 10:33:47 PM - Power FAN:5113, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6026, CPU Temp:38, System Temp:29

3/2/2004 10:34:47 PM - Power FAN:5113, Chassis FAN:0, CPU FAN:6250, CPU Temp:38, System Temp:29,

why would the window have an effect on the rpms like that?
Any way I could drop the rpms because i beleive the speed is causing the humming, if I could drop the RPMs another 500-1000 then I wouldn't be able to hear it anymore. is there a way to do this?
 
Back
Top