Downloads link in start menu does not open Libraries in Windows 7

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
This is the issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-...-link-start-menu-does-not-open-libraries.html

I did what this article said and the result is a Start menu Downloads item that does indeed create a Downloads link in the pinned area of the Start menu which is ok but I don't understand the inconsistency. Why do all of the other folder links in the right of the Start Menu link to a library and Downloads is still just a single folder location?

Because Downloads is a folder, not a library? Your link explains that pretty well.

Because Downloads is a folder, not a library? Your link explains that pretty well.

The question is why then all of the other locations are libraries. Before the Beta Downloads was a library according to this link. Why the change and is there a way to change it to a Library?

I made a new library called Downloads.... works for me!

Click Downloads from the Start Menu if you have the Download link on the right side of the task bar. Yes, you can create and use the Downloads library, but you can't access it from the right side of the Start Menu if you have the Downloads link selected as an option.

Back