Downloading Problem

zDmn

Weaksauce
I have been downloading alot of corrupted files lately. I dont know if its due to spyware or what. Half of the videos i try and watch are either corrupted and wont play at all, or they play half way and then the corrupt video file sign pops up. Some of the mp3's I download also have some weird skipping in them every couple seconds. It almost sounds like a cd skipping and some of the files are so bad that I just end up deleting them. Alot of the pictures that I view on websites also come up really distorted as if my vid card is artifacting although I know it isnt. And last but not least, I get an abnormal amount of corrupted zip files. Does anyone know what the possible problem/solution could be? Im hoping to do this without having to reformat but if thats the only way to fix this them so be it. Thanks in advance guys.

might be your internet connection, but try reinstalling to be sure

This very commonly can be traced back to the NIC drivers. It seems a few of the Nvidia chipsets with built in NICs do this.

Are you saying that I need a new nic card or are you saying that I should try to reformat?

I'm not saying either at this time. I'm saying to try new drivers. It seems many of the Nvidia boards actually came with two NICs, and most people switched to the Marvell one and no issues.

If you do trace it to the actual NIC and it's drivers, you could go get a cheap PCI one and give that a shot.

A reformat isn't going to solve anything here, at this point.

I'm not saying either at this time. I'm saying to try new drivers. It seems many of the Nvidia boards actually came with two NICs, and most people switched to the Marvell one and no issues.

Yeah, the nforce4 chipset had some issues when using the nvidia firewall program. Disabling/removing the firewall altogether should work, but you could also dig around in the driver settings control panel and try tio disable tcp offloading.

Or use the marvell NIC, or a $10 pci one.

Back