Download Youtube vids?

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
is it possible to download youtube videos and if so how do I do so?

(if it is illegal sorry I didn't know)

Yes, it's possible; you just need to add user scripts to control web pages.

I use the Greasmonkey extension with Firefox.

This site has millions of scripts: http://userscripts.org/

Have you just checked your cache directory? IIRC, youtube stores the videos there.

r-486 said:
I heard that extension has spyware, but I could be wrong.

This is what I found:
"The Spyware-function consists of two parts:
With each use of the Plugin is manufactured a connection to the server of the developer, which leads to the fact that this is in every detail informed about the user behavior.
In the second step - by the server of the developer, Javascripts are loaded (Site meter and StatCounter), which make a further evaluation of the user behavior for the developer.... possibly by Google Analytics.
This second step happens purely server-laterally, and is not recognizable therefore, by an analysis of the source code of the Extension."

This info is soley second-hand, and I dont have any proof other than postings by someone else.

I'd love to hear some definitive proof one way or the other.

r-486 said:
I heard that extension has spyware, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the info. I'm using it now..I'll have to look into this more. Thanks for the info monkey34.

Screw that Videodownloader................its questionable for spyware, and I don't want to take a chance.

This is what I did....and it works great:
Get GreaseMonkey , and the two google and youtube scripts (red arrowed on the page)

It will show a download link on the page with the video.
Then get FLV Player to watch them.

Keep in mind to re-name the video when downloaded, along with changing the file extention to ".flv".

I'm watching videos as I post. :D

Back