Downgrading?

Endrithius

Limp Gawd
Okay - I had the EVGA 8800GTX - I was dumb and purchased it for $649 @ Fry's because I just HAD TO HAVE IT. Got it - was absolutely 100% NOT $701 after tax impressed. But I sold my old card so I didn't have anything to fall back on. Took it back to the store and found one of the brand new EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked cards. 299.99+ tax. Picked it up. My previous score withthe 8800GTX was 10766. I will be posting the new scores when I get it installed. I will be posting incremental scores for each level of OC'ing I do. From what I am to understand the cards can withstand temps of up to 130C before irreparable damage is done, so I being the anal-aboot-temps person that I am have set 90C as my stopping point. Under load not idle.

Check back for scores.

My current set up is as follows

E6300 @ 3.15 Ghz
2 Gigs of Corsair XMS2 5300 @ 900mhz
EVGA 680i Mobo
8800GTS Superclocked 320 MB

Thanks guys.:D

Well, so far my 3dMark scores at stock (videocard only) were almost 9k. This seems a bit off to me since I see people getting 10000 scores with their GTS's. So I am going to do a bit of tweaking with the system and I had a little bit of instability, and that could be causing some problems.

As for BF2142 - here are my settings

Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AntiAliasing: 4x
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

All other settings at 100% including draw distance

Max FPS was 103 - min FPS was 41 in the middle of an Orbital Strike with an average in game FPS at around 80. Obviously orbital strikes KILL memory because of all the millions of textures. Compare this to my old 7900GS where an orbital strike would crank me down into the sub-10 FPS category (if I was directly in the strike) and my max FPS being at around 45. I obviously upgraded.

I have not overclocked at all yet so, keep watching guys. Also feel free to post your results with your 8800GTS 320 on this post as I want to compare with others to find the "optimal" settings across the board.

Thanks guys!

if you have F.E.A.R installed, can you do a benchmark for that game? I'm really curious to see what that card can do with this game.

Sorry about the late posts, I have been super busy this weekend with working on my house and such. Anyway, got a chance to look into some things. For some odd reason the card was downclocked to 512 and 1548 or something like that (I am at work right now so I can't look up the exact numbers since I cant find my home IP and I can't remote in).

Anyway - I got to ~10570 for 3dMark06 on the GTS. I am currently clocked at 650/2000. I can clock MUCH higher, no artifacts, and I still havent hit the 73C marker, but I run into driver issues. I will be posting actual benchmarks throughout the day as it looks to be a boring sunday here in the office.

My goal here is to hit 11k and stay under 80C. At 650 Mhz core (without a volt mod) I am still only running at 58C idle and around 70C load. Remember that at the beginning I set a goal of 11k and no higher than 80C idle. Let's see how far we get. If anybody knows of any tweaked drivers that are up to date (i.e. somewhere near the latest release) then please let me know as I am willing to test them.

Okay, I picked up a copy of Oblivion and will be installing tonight. Check back this evening for benchmarks for ES:O

Back