Downclocks to 6.0 Mulitplier??

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive got the gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L board and the Q9550 chip. I try Overclocking in the bios, but in Cpuz its showing 6 multiplier, which shows cps at 2333~ mhz. It moves up to 8.5 and sets it at 3222~ but I can not figure out why. I do not have that Frequency mode thing set where it increases based on CPU. I just wont a stable, non changing clock.

Leave it alone & don't worry about it.

It saves power when you don't need it.

Seriously, the same f-ing questions since the damn Pentium!!!...

Its speedstep, it down clocks the CPU to save power when not under load, its normal, if you want to see the max speed, put it under load.

Leave it alone & don't worry about it.

It saves power when you don't need it.

Seriously, the same f-ing questions since the damn Pentium!!!...

and yet it will never end.. just like the 100's of questions about what heatsink is the best even though there are 3 sticky threads with reviews of all the top hsf's on the market for the i7.. or the 300 posts asking about how to overclock an i7 even though theres a video tutorial from kyle that was done months and months ago..

its never ending..

as for the op'er leave speedstep on..

I built my first Intel system recently and I was going to ask the same thing too, don't feel bad! I saw it was only happening during idle and realized what it was, I should have RTFM!

speedstep makes my OC unstable. Everytime it downclocks my system gets random hangs. Under load it's 24H P95 and 20 pass IBT stable. I leave speedstep off.

Your results may vary as it may be specific to my P35-DS3R motherboard.

Disable EIST and C1E in the bios and it stops this. Some like to run it and some ppl don't. I would run it if I could get stability with it and my OC but it created problems for me.

Thanks guys. I googled my problem and came up with random ideas on how to fix it, which is why i posted it here. I thought I turned off throttling in the bios. Now to find a good OC guide for this board

Back