DOW2, steam servers too busy

Forealz

Limp Gawd
I've just tried to launch DOW2 twice. Both times it said the steam servers were too busy to launch my game. Yay

Patch just got released. Everyone and their mom is making a mad grab for the patch at once.

As per usual, STEAM folds like a flimsy lawn chair under the pressure.

Another analogy would be: STEAM is Gabby Jay and the influx of downloads is Little Mac. Mmmm Punch Out.

Patch just got released. Everyone and their mom is making a mad grab for the patch at once.

As per usual, STEAM folds like a flimsy lawn chair under the pressure.

Another analogy would be: STEAM is Gabby Jay and the influx of downloads is Little Mac. Mmmm Punch Out.

I don't understand how these guys make any money. eg L4D: 90% of the game servers are dedicated and hosted? minimal to zero advertising? patching, updating, supporting, all for an initial charge of $50? I onno...

Yeah happened to me as well. Second time, Go Steam..

I'll say again Steam needs to introduce a fair refund policy or free games or something for time lost.

a much needed patch! kudos to relic for getting it out so quickly.

Lol, hilarious yeah grats Relic no other company ever releases patches less than a week after release, seems to be the norm these days

Is this some of the free downloadable content you were talking about? :D

Yeah happened to me as well. Second time, Go Steam..

I'll say again Steam needs to introduce a fair refund policy or free games or something for time lost.

That's like saying "MMO devs need to offer free game time for maintenance".

That's like saying "MMO devs need to offer free game time for maintenance".

Blizzard gives you a free day when their shit's down, or just taking a lot longer than planned for planned maintenance.

I'm fine with logging into a service to start up online games but if you fuck with my offline capabilities I don't buy your games.

Lol, hilarious yeah grats Relic no other company ever releases patches less than a week after release, seems to be the norm these days

Is this some of the free downloadable content you were talking about? :D

No, but I remember with the last GFWL RTS I bought (Universe at War) it took them almost 2 months to release a patch to fix a game crashing bug.

Also I love this game and that crash bug was the only thing ruining it for me, now that its gone there is nothing holding this game back for me.

Back