DoubleSight DS-265W Official discussion!

Does NewEgg actually have these in stock? ... Why would provantage not
have these untill next month? newEGG buying all these up? GRRR

Is this monitor still worth looking at if your looking for a monitor around the 27" range?

confirmed by email from doublesight.

"Thank you for your interest in the DS-265W 26" LCD Monitor from DoubleSight.
We are working to have NewEgg.com correct their information. There are two
incorrect specs on their site.

The DS-265W does support HDCP.
The DS-265W does not have a HDMI input, but we do include an HDMI - DVI-D
conversion cable."

confirmed by email from doublesight.

"Thank you for your interest in the DS-265W 26" LCD Monitor from DoubleSight.
We are working to have NewEgg.com correct their information. There are two
incorrect specs on their site.

The DS-265W does support HDCP.
The DS-265W does not have a HDMI input, but we do include an HDMI - DVI-D
conversion cable."

So im guessing that mean we can still hook up our xbox360s through hdmi? Wonder if it has 1:1

So im guessing that mean we can still hook up our xbox360s through hdmi? Wonder if it has 1:1

That is correct, although it obviously won't carry the audio (not even sure if the 360 HDMI does this anyway).

If the 265W is anything like the 265N, it does have 1:1 mapping.

That is correct, although it obviously won't carry the audio (not even sure if the 360 HDMI does this anyway).

If the 265W is anything like the 265N, it does have 1:1 mapping.

I have my xbox360 connected through hdmi to my plasma and it does indeed carry the audio....doubt it will work with the dvi connector though.

TMK, the DVI adapter will just strip it. You don't want it going through the monitor anyway - adds major noise.

Built in speakers make me go hmmm. People who enjoy listening to built in speakers make me go HMMM. :cool:

I have Polk RTiA3 and a 500W 10" sub as my PC speakers. It's quiet the difference. :D

This monitor is still very expensive. My quest for a nice sub $500 24-26" monitor continue. I refuse to get a TN panel.

My quest for a nice sub $500 24-26" monitor continue. I refuse to get a TN panel.

Yeah any type of IPS panel in that size at that price is going to be hard to find. Look for used ones.

Someone wanna explain to me why , New EGG Can get this monitor in stock
and places like provantage have to wait another month? Does newegg have more
buying power? Just doesnt seem right to me .

Someone wanna explain to me why , New EGG Can get this monitor in stock
and places like provantage have to wait another month? Does newegg have more
buying power? Just doesnt seem right to me .

My guess was there's no return policy so if there are any problems with the first batch Doublesight doesn't have to worry about it.

Newegg tends to get lots of stuff first. Seriously, it happens all the time.

Please... get over it already

-S

Edit- Sorry, this came across ruder than intended. I just meant that the "zomg newegg got it first" stuff had been going on for two pages now, and is starting to spam up the thread. Yes, we all know that Neweggs pixel and return policies are sub-par on displays, and would prefer to buy from some other site. There's no need for so many posts on it, though.

Who here has ordered one already?

Me. I'm going to see

1) If I become a newegg statistic (dead pixels).

2) If newegg even has them in stock. They've already charged my card--which technically, is illegal unless you've explicitly agreed to terms that a payment could be made as a hold or a deposit. I guess I'll read the terms and conditions...

Nevermind, cancelled the order...I'm not going to be a newegg experiment guinea pig lol...the risk is too high, losing out on $800 when I already have an NEC LCD2690wuxi and a 23" ACD with no dead pixels.

I've lurked here for a while but this is my first post.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. I'm sitting here in front of my 19" CRT I bought almost 10 years ago, and it's time.

How likely are dead/stuck pixel problems? I'm not so picky that 1 or 2 dead pixels will cause me to return the monitor anyway, and it seems like getting something that's worse than that but less than 8 dead pixels is pretty unlikely. Also, with their 8 dead pixel limit, do they count stuck pixels in that, or is 1 stuck pixel enough for a return?

I guess I'm just curious if I'm making a big mistake by not being that worried about problem pixels.

I've only had stuck pixels on one LCD, and that one was crap anyway. But I could just be lucky. They're not quite as common as you'd think from the complaints (which are after all, from the people that got unlucky!) and not nearly as common as they used to be, but they do happen. It helps when you can buy from somewhere with a good policy.

Newegg has a horrible policy for LCDs...

There are online retailers that have very liberal policies...there's one (I forgot the name) where I mentioned there were dead pixels. They told me they could either email me a pre-paid shipping label or send a driver to pick it up for me, and issue me a full refund. The complete opposite of newegg and their "go deal with the manufacturer (after we've pocketed a 50% profit margin. And if its a big TV...then "thanks for the $1000 profit, now screw yourself")."

The problem with newegg is they practically charge you retail price, without giving you the benefits that brick & mortar provides (no questions asked returns). The only redeeming feature they've got (IMO) is extremely fast shipping. If I'm not in a rush I can easily find an e-tailer with 60-70% of the price of newegg with identical return policies--which is pretty much a struggle too; I rarely see even the crappiest merchant stating dead pixel policies for LCD monitors.

Even the worst policies outside of newegg were "48 hour exchange policy" with no stipulations, or return within 21 days for 60-85% refund. Vs..."deal with it."

Well, thanks for the feedback guys. I know that Newegg isn't the cheapest and their policy sucks. I was just wondering how big a risk it would be in terms of likelihood of dead pixels. I'm willing to blow the extra $40 over a place like provantage to have it a month early.

I wanted to order the monitor tonight, but I think I'll sleep on it.

From Doublesight
*There were a few pics attached,but you all know what it looks like ;)
Decisions decisions, this or the HP?!

Dear Valued Customers,

DoubleSight Displays is please to announce that the long anticipated DS-265W 26” LCD Monitor is currently available. The DS-265W replaces the popular DS-263N and features a new adjustable stand. The DS-265W is built with the same IPS panel as the DS-263N so you can be assured of the same great viewing angles and picture quality. We have also updated the inputs with Component inputs on board and a HDMI conversion cable in the box. Additional specifications are available on the DoubleSight Displays web site located here: http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=26.

The first of our resellers to have stock for immediate shipping is NewEgg.com. You can follow the image below to the NewEgg site for pricing and availability. Additional resellers will have stock available in the very near future.

Now available:

DS-265W 26” LCD Monitor

Thank you for you continued interest in DoubleSight Displays and our variety of Monitor Solutions. If we can provide any additional product information, please let me or our staff know.

Sincerely,

Dario DellaMaggiore

Director of Sales

t: 949.253.1535 ext. 214

f: 949.253.1537

e: [email protected]

w: www.doublesight.com

I ordered one; should be here on Thursday. Let me know if there's anything you want to know about the monitor and I'll see what I can do.

I did not know they finally released the new updated model. Now that I am making some extra cash, I am tempted. Been using this Dell 2007WFP for a few years now. :)

This unscientific poll from a few months ago suggests that you have about a 29% chance of getting a monitor with one or more bad pixels. My experience is 2 LCDs out of 5 with one bad subpixel on each. Not good odds when you are spending hundreds of dollars.

Poll: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1212154&highlight=poll%3A+dead+pixels

I didn't look at the poll, but of the LCDs I've owned:

- Dell 19" VA: No bad pixels.

- ViewSonic VP2130B 21" PVA: No bad pixels.

- NEC 2470WNX 24" PVA: No bad pixels.

- Planar PX2611W 26" IPS: 2 out of 3 monitors had 2-3 stuck pixels each. Because I bought from CDW, I was able to send two back and keep the one with no stuck pixels, with free shipping both ways and no questions asked. ;)

I hope someone can post some input lag measurements soon. Heck, I'd also like to see some physical dimension measurements as well. That wide bessel must add at least an inch to normal 25.5" LCD monitor width.

Well , hopefully the reviews start coming out soon.
The planar right now is looking better then the 265W.

Back