Doublesight DS-245V 24" 1920x1200 IPS

FWIW we have a DS 1900S at work. One of the displays started going dim and called support and they were super great. Based in the US and the gal tracked it down to the power supply and sent out a replacement that day.

Regardless of monitor performance, their customer service was great.

WOW this monitor is really something special:

From Amazon link:
"Product Features

Interactive map gradually reveals new areas as you advance in the game

Based on historical research

Rediscover monuments like the Lighthouse, the Library, and the city of Alexandria

Challenging puzzles each referencing Egyptian culture and science

15+ hours of gameplay

Technical Details
Model: DS-245V"

:p

Lol yeah those are some cool features for a 24 inch monitor..

I wonder why all the places that have it for sale seem to say 800:1 contrast but DoubleSight says 1000:1 on their website?

Does anybody have this monitor? I'm considering buying it, but I can't find any reviews whatsoever.

I love newegg, but read their monitor return policies carefully. You may be better off buying it from Amazon, if it's sold directly by Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The only thing holding me back from buying this is not knowing the input lag. Other than that I'm ready to gamble on an unknown monitor. If I do decide to get it I'll right a review.

I'm a photographer and found this forum because I too was searching for reviews of this monitor. It is very curious that there aren't any. I kept at it, though, and found a little bit more info. And, even better, a $100 rebate offer!

Here's the rebate form:
http://images.techdepot.com/comassets/MfgCoupons/18088.pdf

Here are a few links to related info, not all of it is this exact monitor but good to know:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6299122#post6299122

http://www.pcflip.com/reviews/miscellaneous/doublesight-ds305w/1

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/130...black-lcd-monitor-ds-245w-reviews/reviews.htm

Also, I saw the monitor sometimes listed as 245W instead of 245V. I'm not sure, but it looks like the W means it's been refurbished. (sold as such on Doublesight website.)

Hope this is helpful. I'm going to take the leap and get it. With the rebate, it's a good IPS 24 inch monitor for less than $300!

I'm a photographer and found this forum because I too was searching for reviews of this monitor. It is very curious that there aren't any. I kept at it, though, and found a little bit more info. And, even better, a $100 rebate offer!

Here's the rebate form:

Thanks a million times over for that. With that Amazon price it makes the 245V less expensive than my current monitor.

Also, I saw the monitor sometimes listed as 245W instead of 245V. I'm not sure, but it looks like the W means it's been refurbished. (sold as such on Doublesight website.)

If you look at the spec sheets on Doublesight's site, the W version has a built-in USB hub and is explicitly stated to be HDCP-compliant. The the V version doesn't say whether or not its HDCP compliant, which means it possibly isn't. This really isn't a big deal to me at least, since my current monitor lacks HDCP and I've gotten by just fine for years with it. I have an HDTV for anything that needs HDCP.

Last edited:

Here's the rebate form:

Here are a few links to related info, not all of it is this exact monitor but good to know:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6299122#post6299122

http://www.pcflip.com/reviews/miscellaneous/doublesight-ds305w/1

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/130...black-lcd-monitor-ds-245w-reviews/reviews.htm

Hope this is helpful. I'm going to take the leap and get it. With the rebate, it's a good IPS 24 inch monitor for less than $300!

Thank you so much for this. With that rebate I'm gonna take the plunge. I just hope they don't deny the rebate if I order it from Amazon. Does it have to be purchased from the Techdepot website in order to qualify?

My DS-245V was waiting for me on the front steps when I got home today. :D

I haven't had much time to mess around with it yet, but I did take a few pictures. I ordered it through Amazon, and even though it made it in one piece I was less than thrilled with the packaging. The top flap was open as you see in the first picture. Opening the top two thin flaps exposes the monitor.

My initial impressions were that this monitor looks and feels cheap. It's completely plastic (most things are nowadays I know),and pretty lightweight. The Doublesight logo on the bottom of the bezel is unnecessarily large, and the power/menu/volume buttons on the right hand side are hard to navigate. As far as inputs there are only three; DVI, VGA, and audio-in. It does come with a DVI, VGA, and power cord, as well as a manual and CD.

This is my first IPS monitor, coming from a HP LP2465 S-PVA, which I loved but recently developed some dark blotches. I hooked up the DS-245V, booted up to the desktop and immediately noticed how awful the factory settings were. The screen looked really washed out. I messed with the color settings a little bit, but have not yet done a real calibration. So far my old monitor is looking much better. I also noticed two stuck pixels near the bottom right of the screen that may be a deal breaker for me.

Response time and input lag do seem to be low in the few games I tried. Slightly lower than my old HP, or at least it feels like it to me. It does have an anti-glare coating that everyone talks about. I don't think it looks that bad, but it is a little stronger than I like.

All in all it's.....................too early to tell how I really feel. I could go either way at this point.

Wow.. that logo is hideous lol. Sad to hear the lukewarm initial reaction to this monitor though, was hoping this would be a decent choice for those who want a 24" 16:10 IPS screen.

Yay, we have a guinea pig! Wow, that packaging is atrocious.
Thanks for the initial review. I'm hanging on your next one... I haven't purchased it yet. (I'm a slow buyer.)

As for the rebate, I believe it does not have to be bought from TechDepot. I saw it listed on another site too. And I didn't see any store requirements on the rebate form.

keep us posted...

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone who was expecting a full or at least partial review of this monitor, but I decided to return it. I just didn't think it was worth spending so much for what was to me a lateral switch from my old HP LP2465. In some areas the DS-245V was better (color accuracy, response time), but not in other areas (black levels, viewing angle). If anyone is considering this monitor please do not base your choice on my findings, wait for a full review from someone.

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone who was expecting a full or at least partial review of this monitor, but I decided to return it. I just didn't think it was worth spending so much for what was to me a lateral switch from my old HP LP2465. In some areas the DS-245V was better (color accuracy, response time), but not in other areas (black levels, viewing angle). If anyone is considering this monitor please do not base your choice on my findings, wait for a full review from someone.

No, I think your initial impressions and the hideous logo was enough for me. I'll try my hand at more known quantities with professional reviews. Hopeful for Samsung's 24-inch PLS but that thing won't be coming out anytime soon.

I wonder if I should just wait it out until we get affordable OLED monitors.

Eh, despite the crappy packaging and questionable aesthestics, I'm still kind of tempted to get this monitor given the price (especially with the $100 rebate). Hopefully someone else grabs one and gives it a proper review.

Ugh... that bezel logo is terrible. I was thinking this would make for a nice triple monitor setup on the cheap (for IPS at least), but the non-uniform bezel width (+ terribad logo) just ruins it.

Got this monitor from Amazon but sent it back since it's nothing like the pictures on the product page.

I did e-mail Doublesight support and they confirmed that this monitor is HDCP compliant.

I've been watching this line of monitors for a while, as their price point makes them extremely attractive as an upgrade for my Planar PX2611W

The 27" and 30" variants are different animals to the 24" screen, apparently coming with aluminium casing - although the Newegg reviews still claim the packaging is turrible. Generally speaking the display appears to be good though.

The only concern that I have is that they don't support Displayport inputs, leaving me in the unpleasant position of having to get an active DS-->Dual link DVI adapter (yes, I'm greedy and want to run two of the 27" models)

My other option to look into would be Hazro screens which are similarly priced and have a suspiciously similar housing.

Back