doublesight 30" owners

firey-eyez

Gawd
hello,

this monitor seems like an excellent purchase. it's got the newer IPS panel that doesn't have the rainbow effect and better back light uniformity (as compared to say the dell 3007WFP-HC). i think it also may be normal gamut but i don't recall, so if anybody knows and could interject an answer here, that'd be great.

anyway, the reason i made this thread is because the deal on ebay right now is almost too good to pass up. so i was looking into it a bit and i noticed something odd: the power connector on the back is not the standard 3 prong. it looks very similar to the preamp input on the klipsch promedia 2.1, and the reason i mention this is because my klipsch speakers broke after about 2 years of what i would consider careful use. the preamp input prongs were shorn off and rendered the plug useless, so the speakers were useless.

i am thus unconvinced of its durability. can any owners or users of this screen attest to its durability or similarity to the klipsch preamp plug? the ebay store is advertising a 3 year warranty, which isn't bad, but even still i would rather not deal with a failure of this nature if it is in fact unreliable.

any thoughts or opinions on this would be great!

Back