Double VESA Mount - Front to Back?

Peat Moss

Gawd
I'm planning to get a couple of new monitors this year and trying a two monitor set up.
Most of the time I would be using just one monitor, and so would like to have that monitor directly in front of me, as opposed to having them side by side and turning my head to one side. Sometimes I will be working with them side by side, however.

Since space on my computer desk is at a premium and I would rather not have to shuffle the monitors around on my desk every time I want to reposition them I was thinking of getting a double VESA mount.

I've never used a VESA mounting system before and so wanted to know whether it's possible to position monitors one behind the other? If so, do all double VESA mounts allow for this, or should I be looking for a certain kind of VESA mounting arm? Also, if it's possible to position them this way, would this take up less room front to back along the horizontal plane above my desk than if I simply had the two monitors sitting front to back on top of my desk ? (I realize it would depend somewhat on the footprint of the monitor's stands).

Thanks for any advice.

I've never seen a monitor stand like the one you're describing. Perhaps you could mount them vertically.

Back