• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Double Shut off Coupling

raz6000

n00b
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
10
Hi,

I'm looking for a Double shut off hose coupling.

I am going to make a external cooling tower which will be connected to the PC, but the problem will arrise when I want to move it. So it would be VNice to be able to just disconnect the loop without water Pi**ing everywhere!

Any ideas all welcome!

Cheers,

Ray
 
Colder does make them, however they are real flow killers. If you are going to use quick disconnects i would use the straight through couplings, your gonna have to empty your water but your flow rate will be much higher with the straight through couples and it doesnt hurt to change your water every now and then. If you really need them badly google omega hfc colder disconnect etc and you should find a place that carries them. Off the top of my head i believe us plastics stocks them.
 
kemist1117 said:
Colder does make them, however they are real flow killers. If you are going to use quick disconnects i would use the straight through couplings, your gonna have to empty your water but your flow rate will be much higher with the straight through couples and it doesnt hurt to change your water every now and then. If you really need them badly google omega hfc colder disconnect etc and you should find a place that carries them. Off the top of my head i believe us plastics stocks them.

As long as you have a good pump, they shouldn't hurt your flow enough to kill your temperatures. The resistance of these things is nowhere near that of a modern jet impinged waterblock.

If you look at the graphs of waterblocks, it takes a modest decrease in flow to even raise the delta T from water to cpu 1C. This is well within the flow loss of using quick disconnects. I don't have any hard data right at hand, but if you were to look at the graphs and use some common sense, I would think that the conclusions would be very close to my estimates.

Just something to keep in mind.

I use the high flow colder quick disconnects and I love them. The convenience outweighs any potential flow loss imho, especially if that loss isn't too bad.
 
Hey!!

Well i'm new to this watercooling lark!!

So are we saying they are ok with a good pump??

Today I got my AC 360 rad and looking at buying the following;
A Eheim 1046 IS THAT OK?
A AC Res
and god knows on the CPU block???

The 'loop' is gonna be around 8M max!!

Any advice?

Cheers,

Ray
 
Back
Top