Dota 2 Official Thread

I had some fun matches yesterday with my Juggernaut (main hero). His ulti is just cool to the power 1000. I also tried out Spirit Breaker. Such an easy hero and with the right items (helm and armlet) can cause so much pain. Love his cross map charging.

I also noticed how strong Skymage is.

I noticed how strong Skywrath is as well. I'm about to give him a shot. I've got a few favorites I play a lot, but need to start trying out some new guys. Even if it's just to find ways to counter them.

Played an awesome game with Riki last night. Went 21-2-12 (or 14 or 16 don't remember) beating my previous 20-0-6 record with him.

I felt bad for the other team tho... the teams were weird : Riki, BH, Bloodseeker, Drow, Alchemist vs Chaos Knight, Tidehunter, Weaver, Zeus, Tinker

it was fun for me nonetheless :D

(after playing a game with my brother and getting beaten really hard)

I felt bad for the other team tho... the teams were weird : Riki, BH, Bloodseeker, Drow, Alchemist vs Chaos Knight, Tidehunter, Weaver, Zeus, Tinker

Wow... that other team must have been BAD to lose to that line up. You had zero stuns and only drows slow/BS ulti.

Your team is an example of shit picks. I would have been pissed before the game started.

Wow... that other team must have been BAD to lose to that line up. You had zero stuns and only drows slow/BS ulti.

Your team is an example of shit picks. I would have been pissed before the game started.

I was. :D

I was the first one to pick Rikki (wanted to play him in this moment cuz I got an uncommon mask for him the previous game :p) and then I saw the rest picking... I wasn't very happy with all the carries and the lack of support/tank.

Good thing the other team was really bad :p

I managed to die once in the beginning while laning with BH against Tidehunter/Weaver. And then the mid and Chaos Knight came jumping on us without a warning :rolleyes:

After my stats were 0-2-1.... I turned beast mode on ;) Loved the extra cash from BH's track while playing Rikki :p

Played an awesome game with Riki last night. Went 21-2-12 (or 14 or 16 don't remember) beating my previous 20-0-6 record with him.

it was fun for me nonetheless :D

(after playing a game with my brother and getting beaten really hard)

wow at your team dude. all carries, all fail. like the person above me stated the other team had to of blown.. hard.

wow at your team dude. all carries, all fail. like the person above me stated the other team had to of blown.. hard.

He is? I haven't had a chance to play in the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping I might have some time this week or weekend. I need to try out that new hero.

I don't think there's a whole lot that most people need to do to elevate their game play. For me, I just need to forget about Dota 1 mechanics and learn the Dota 2 ones (how many times to do I have to hit the wrong hotkey?). I need to actually read up on some of the "pro" strats, practicing my last hitting/denying, as it's different due to the engine, etc, etc, etc. I also need to stop being impatient. Timing is everything in a game like this.

But then again, once my Techies are released, everybody will be my bitch. Double kill, first blood!

After some trading, I got some nice looking but regular Sven items so decided to play him yesterday. First match was a disaster due to two new players in our team. Second one started bad for me but about half-time things started to pick up since I managed to get some kills by sneaking from behind and throwing a stun, activating my mask and ulti. The best turning point is when the other team was at our third mid tower and I come from inside the base, throwing a stun, using mask and ulti and BAM. Three were lined up and within 2-3 slashes, all dead. Cleaved the last one and with a bit of speed boost, cought up and 1-2 slashes and dead. Felt good hearing the announced going RAMPAGE. Since then, I started raking in kills. Added BKB and things were cake for me. Have to say enjoyed playing Sven.

Next up is to try out Pudge. I never ever played him before.

Felt good hearing the announced going RAMPAGE.

Don't you mean ULTRA KILL? :p

I've had such shit pub teams lately it's getting frustrating. My kill ratio is positive 95% of games I play. I try to play with the team and make plans, but holy crap so many people are clueless. Example: Once again I go 22-2-10 or something with Riki but lose the match because the team just turds around feeding them.

I've had such shit pub teams lately it's getting frustrating. My kill ratio is positive 95% of games I play. I try to play with the team and make plans, but holy crap so many people are clueless. Example: Once again I go 22-2-10 or something with Riki but lose the match because the team just turds around feeding them.

Maybe you shouldn't be such a noob and random so much :D

Don't you mean ULTRA KILL? :p

sounds like you're failing as a carry though if you have 22 kills and cant pull out a win. Riki is almost never played correctly. I wonder how many team fights they got in that you werent there for. your KDR doesnt mean anything if you arent winning.

as riki with that much farm, you could easily pick 1 or 2 of their team off in order to gain a 5 man push advantage.

damn man i smashed as zeus last night, 11-0 and my carries fucked it up by feeding a faceless.

sad.

Feel free to add me

BTU_Ebduncan

Win ratio is at around 51-52%, I'm like level 33 So I have a good bit of items to trade if you up for it.

I've been out of state and away from computer since just before skywrath mage came out. Should be interesting when I finally get to play some again

Why is there so much interest in watching others playing in a tournament? DotA wise...

I think it's a couple reasons:

More than most other games, it's a lot easier to mechanically get to the level of a pro player in Dota. After that, it's mostly just game sense and game knowledge. You watch a top tier tournament, and you can be like "I could do that!" as opposed to say, Starcraft 2, where some kind of black magic occurs between the player and their keyboard.

Next up would be watching heroe's get played to their full potential, and seeing the new hotness. If you see such and such player build such and such items in every game where they played such and such hero, AND (here's the important part) it's different than currently accepted best practices, you can use that new build and potentially improve your game, (Given that you understand why such and such build was so effective)

In short: What you see is what you get, and it's a lot easier to mimic the higher levels of play than in other games.

Valve spectator mode is really good and players can't build structures, only destroy them. The towers are magnets for action and combat, or Roshan.

IMO it's also more exciting to get resources from attacking or assisting than it is to use peons. The mineral reward for destroying 7 siege tanks in SC2 is 0.

I like to watch the games because they are team play. Usually I am just pubbing by myself or with a friend or two, so it's nice to see a team of 5 and their strats towards the game. It's good to see individual play too, as well as, the awareness the carries or anyone has to have on the map when others are missing.

More than most other games, it's a lot easier to mechanically get to the level of a pro player in Dota. After that, it's mostly just game sense and game knowledge. You watch a top tier tournament, and you can be like "I could do that!" as opposed to say, Starcraft 2, where some kind of black magic occurs between the player and their keyboard.

Good luck have the team cohesion, depth of knowledge, or hell even just be able to last hit like those guys.

It is ridiculous how good some of those guys are, it is not as easy as they make it seem.

Pro gamers don't have to balance work and practice/gaming, it is their work. But that makes it more entertaining.

And the CM selection process is pretty cool, especially when there are surprises.

The meta has also completely changed just since TI2 or when Magnus was added.

I managed to get in a game last week as Luna. It was horrible. I was the only person on my team not speaking English. Within 5 minutes my teammates were telling everybody to report me... And after I was able to do a little farming, I was able to undo the feeding some of them did, and we pulled off a win.

why weren't you speaking english?

I was. I told them I only speak English, and anytime I read anything with my hero name, I said "no comprende, no hablo espanol". It was their fault for playing on a US server and not speaking English.

So I did. I was multitasking Oracle testing while writing that.

I tried out the new Elder Titan and found him fun. Though he doesn't hurt much, he is very good as support.

His ult is sick when you can time it with Enigma's black hole. He's good at harassing too.

$50 just to watch the tournament......I thought it would be like $8!

Now I am just gonna watch the final match after its over....

What tournament are you talking about? All tournaments are a few dollars, except for a ticket to the international.

Would Elder Titan combo well with Lina? He uses his spirit and gets his Echo Stomp sleep and she follows up with her true stun and AOE damage. He has time to set up the ulti and she might melt anyone who's left.

When you say watch the tournament do you mean watch online? $50 to watch a tournament of that length for multiple days in person seems pretty fair to me.

All of the matches will be available for view online live for free so I don't see the problem.

Thats an in person ticket, to show up to the event, in a seat, and watch 5 days of tournament play at the Benaroya Hall in Seattle...

The in game spectator ticket is free, but you can pay 10 dollars for the compendium and pick up a whole bunch of goodies. 25% of the compendium price goes to the prize pool, with stretch goals currently in place. 1.6 mil was the start, after 1 day its over 1.7 mil now and the first stretch goal has been met. All players with a compendium get 125% battle bonus activated from now until TI3 is over (84 days from now). Next stretch goal is more modes for the smeevil courier you get with the compendium, and the final stretch goal is a unique item only given to players who own a compendium at like, 2.6 million.

Thats an in person ticket, to show up to the event, in a seat, and watch 5 days of tournament play at the Benaroya Hall in Seattle...

The in game spectator ticket is free, but you can pay 10 dollars for the compendium and pick up a whole bunch of goodies. 25% of the compendium price goes to the prize pool, with stretch goals currently in place. 1.6 mil was the start, after 1 day its over 1.7 mil now and the first stretch goal has been met. All players with a compendium get 125% battle bonus activated from now until TI3 is over (84 days from now). Next stretch goal is more modes for the smeevil courier you get with the compendium, and the final stretch goal is a unique item only given to players who own a compendium at like, 2.6 million.

Seems interesting cosidering I spent already 200 hours in this game and feel I need to spend some for the awesome work done on it.

Back