DOS Exploit found by Spybot?

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
Everytime i fixed the selected problem of this DOS exploit found on this computer i'm building it comes right back.... is there anything i can install or something that will take care of this?

What is the name of the exploit? Which operating system?

Windows XP... it says it's an exploit through the Internet explorer which allows websites to exploit code or something.

I would first turn off System Restore, so you don't make a backup of the damned thing. Then, I'd run HijackThis, and see what it is called. Next, I would use regedit to find it, and any dependencies. Last of all, I would remove it from my registry and its associates, and keep my fingers crossed in the hope that I didn't kill the install. I tinker with the registry all the time, but if you don't , BE CAREFUL.

I killed a few installs learning. Actually, more than a few. :eek:

Yeah it finds DSO exploits every now and then. Usually you find them on a fresh install, i think it could be due to not having all your windows update patches installed as well. You should be safe just to remove them, I have never had a problem but you can back stuff up to be safe.

Check your internet explorer options, under security, then click on custom level and see if the "download unsigned activex controls" has no value.

Back