DoS attack from www1.hardocp.com

tikiman2012

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I just setup a new router. I check the log to see if anybody got on when I was setting it up. And in the log I find this:

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 75.126.99.100, port 80, Friday, March 11,2011 22:05:00

When I looked up the i.p. address, it came back as www1.hardocp.com

So here's my question. Am I missing something, or have the [H] servers been compromised?:confused:

So, I just setup a new router. I check the log to see if anybody got on when I was setting it up. And in the log I find this:

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 75.126.99.100, port 80, Friday, March 11,2011 22:05:00

When I looked up the i.p. address, it came back as www1.hardocp.com

So here's my question. Am I missing something, or have the [H] servers been compromised?:confused:

Is this an IDS hit? It is probably a false-positive and nothing to worry about.

I honestly don't know what an IDS hit is. That just showed up in the log, and I've never seen it before. I haven't messed with routers much since I set up my old one in 2007.

Geeez man, what did you do?, give bad feedback to one of their reviews, and now they are DoS hacking your systems. LOL ;)

I honestly don't know what an IDS hit is. That just showed up in the log, and I've never seen it before. I haven't messed with routers much since I set up my old one in 2007.

IDS = Intrusion Detection System. The reason I mention that is because the log identifies
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] and usually a firewall will only give the IP and port blocked. An IDS does further packet analyzing and gives the type of attack, but like I said it could have been a false-positive.

Back