Doominator - Resurrected

i suppose that's a good reason. i wouldn't wanna mess up my fortron either :p PCP&C, tho pricy, provides warrenties on modified units as long as it isn't completely half-assed. they even tell you how to do some... like change the fan and whatnot. tho i doubt you'd wanna pay $200 for a PSU...

the sleeving looks nice. if possible, when you do the 'real' psu, you may wanna open it up and extend the sleeving into the PSU. it would look cleaner (imo)

video card in the $200 price range... probably 6600GT. possible a 6200 and hope it unlocks... but you may as well start higher. you could also get a 6800, but it'll perform similarly to a 6600gt... just might go farther.

you can get a x800 in that range, but it isn't as good as the 6800 (iirc, i may be mistaken. you can do your own research on this ;))

An update finally. Here's just some shot's of the finished motherboard side panel. I also have a picture of the mesh being added to the top panel which should be finished as soon as the epoxy dries in a couple hours or so. It says 30-60 minutes, but I'm taking my time trying to get this perfect. The paint didn't come out perfectly reflective but i'm liking it. It's got kind of a hazy look to it. Which in my opinon looks good. It's still very reflective just not perfect reflections. Well pictures speak better than words so here they are.

Side panel against TMNT bed sheets. Hell yeah.
DSC01128.jpg

Against my biology book.
DSC01129.jpg

And the mesh being added to the top panel. I only painted one side of the mesh that's why it looks silver, because that side is.
DSC01130.jpg

Will post a few pictures of the top put back on in a couple hours when I go and get it.

EDIT: Ok here's the front panel as of right now. I bought some bondo, but I'm not sure exactly how it's going to be done.

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

Yet another EDIT

Here's the top and side put on. Showing off some of the reflectiveness.

Here's my window in the reflection
DSC01142.jpg

Sprite
DSC01145.jpg

Sprite again and the DOOM cut out with the mesh put on.
DSC01146.jpg

Coke on the side panel
DSC01147.jpg

xrdotimcr

Been talking with Fanatik of AustinModders a lot lately, and I'm going to use translucent acrylic for the front, that way I won't have to bondo. And some black plexi for the sides more than likely. I just have to finish the windowed side panel, which actually has to be started. Until then.

xrdotimcr

Here's just a picture to keep the thread alive. Still working on the windowed side panel which is coming out ok now. This is just a picture of the reflection off of the top panel.

DSC01152.jpg

xrdotimcr

Long time no post.

Ok, what has been going on? First of all, I've decided on a PSU, it's nothing great but it's better then what I have, and I'll be happy with it. I'm going to get this from a member here on the forums. I will be sleeving it black, except for the ATX connector, I'll leave that red. The grill's will also be changed out. The 120mm will get mesh, I'm not sure about the 80mm yet. Maybe something from Bonz? Secondly I found a place to get acrylic a little cheaper. Thanks to Qtip, who is such a nice guy. I'll be getting that soon. I've also pretty much finished painting. I have one more clear coat to go, then wax it twice. Then I will be done with painting (jumps up and down). Now third, the watercooling. I'm dropping the Kingwin all-in-one thing. It will just hurt the looks of this case. Instead, I'm putting this in it's place. Not sure on what kit yet, or if I'm even doing a pre-made kit. That's it for now. This won't be finished completely until after Christmas, due to my slow income and very eventful social life. Looks wise, this will be done pretty soon, 1 to 1 1/2 months.

Just to keep a picture in the post, here's what my room looks like now, and probally for the next month or so.

DSC01173.jpg

xrdotimcr

Big update.

I just finished a big big part of this project and that was the windowed side panel. When I first started painting this it was giving me a lot of crap, bubbling and ruffing up in places. So I sanded it down to the metal, and tried it again multiple times, always got the same result. So after talking with Fanatik, I decided to not use the primer and just go straight to paint, and it worked. Now after a long wait, the side panel is finished. I also painted 1 coat of black on the plexi glass, and I think the result is exactly what I wanted. A chopped up look that looks good and is reflective when the lights are off, but is foggy, but seethrough when the lights are turned on. Well, as stated many times before by many other modders, pictures speak more then words.

Side Panel painting done, no plexi yet.
DSC01282.jpg

Showing off the reflectiveness of the Side, same as rest of the case.
DSC01281.jpg

Side panel installed with lights off.
DSC01289.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

Lights on.
DSC01285.jpg

Put the fan grill underneath to give a smoother look, and yes I'm leaving the stock one, I like the look of it on the side.
DSC01290.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

Going to get the PSU soon, and I will have to mod the fans so that I can turn off the lights when I want to without turning the fans off. I will also be getting some acrylic for the front soon. As for the water cooling, that might have to wait. I may wait until after Christmas to see what I can get as gifts. Well, I'm glad the case part of this project is finally getting finished. Cosmetics should be done soon. Until then.

xrdotimcr

Ok, you guys remember that phone in the Ghetto Gallery? Well, that's my phone, and I decided that I'm done with it. So, I'm not going to be able to buy a PSU for a while, and watercooling will have to wait till Christmas, or way after. So, I'm going to take this oppurtunity of having no money to do minor mods. Mod's such as cutting the case for wire management, maybe even relocating the HDD cage? I'm not sure right now, this project is by no means dead, just extended. And if anyones interested here is a picture of my phone I have right now. Here's the link to the phone I'm going to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5820726046#ebayphotohosting

And the pictures.
DSC01334.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

xrdotimcr

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back