Doom3 in Fall 2004

knowone

Limp Gawd
Just got my Electronic Gaming Monthly Mag. On page 64 it have Doom 3 for Xbox coming out in Fall 2004. Just give you the Heads up.

I have a question. every talks about outrage over the HL2 delays....what about Doom 3?????

HL2 had it's code stolen....what the hell is Doom's excuse?

Originally posted by jsn117
I have a question. every talks about outrage over the HL2 delays....what about Doom 3?????

John Romero

*shudders*

Originally posted by jsn117

Why would they need one? I don't remember anyone at id ever saying when it was coming out. Carmack did say that he didn't want to show it at E3 twice but that was about it.

ATI leaked the doom 3 alpha from 2002 I believe it was, that leak was absolutely nothing compared to the total leak of the source, artwork, and everything else that valve had created.

As far as I know... iD never announced an OFFICIAL release date. Last I've heard for a PC release was 1st or 2nd week in July `04. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I can't wait for it :D

Its called content creation. Unlike Valve and their removing of scenes in the game, ID already has the game storyboarded, so what they have is the long process of content creation, which noted recently in the GDC Carmack touched on how soon games will be ALL content creation and no longer a need to develop a new engine.
Anyways, its always possible that it could be released at that time, but the possibilities of D3 coming out on the Xbox before it comes out on the PC are practically ZERO. ID is creating the engine and content

lol, I was looking back at my old post and I came acrross this one that made me laugh.

"Get the [radeon 8500] , the doom3 guys already said it will run faster than the GF3 in its engine and we all know that the Id Engines get used for almost new game to come out. So if your thining ahead get a ATI"

Dated 10-02-2001, man its hard to think that even that far back I was speculating about doom 3. Im pretty sure I had no idea what I was talking about, but damn if I wasnt excited about it.

Anyways, its always possible that it could be released at that time, but the possibilities of D3 coming out on the Xbox before it comes out on the PC are practically ZERO.

It's impossible anyways. They're not joint projects. The Xbox port is being handled based on where the PC version stands.

This is turning out to be sad. Doom3, HL2, DNF all floating around in never never land.

We should start a bet as to which will come out first.

I've got $10 on DNF ;)

Valve has lost my respect, ill play hl2 because of my voucher, but ID has never let me down, valve lieing about release dates and tricking the public just enrages me, CARMACK FOR LIFE! :p

It's a strange world when people are talking about DNF coming before D3 and HL2. And they might be right. Duke Nukem is currently being talked about being released 1Q 2005. That's only coming from the publisher though, not 3DRealms.

Yeah well, it is all spculation, that is what a magazine's job is. That is what they believe, i didn't hear an official release date from id so it doesn't mean a thing to me. All i care is that when it is released it will most likely be an awesome game (well to me at least since i have been a fan of id's game since about 10 years ago), so I'll just patiently wait for it and be happy when it comes out. Whenever that is.

Isn't there a tourney coming up though that involves Doom 3 though? Quakecon or some shit?
Thanks

Originally posted by Torgo
It's a strange world when people are talking about DNF coming before D3 and HL2. And they might be right. Duke Nukem is currently being talked about being released 1Q 2005. That's only coming from the publisher though, not 3DRealms.

Well Doom III and HL2 will be out this year. ID didn't have a release date, but have release projections on when the game will be release those projections are between 2nd QT 2004 and 4th QT 2004, thats the projected release date. ID has to get DOOM III on the shelves this year in order for them to move to Quake IV, which also has a short projected relase for 4th QT in 2005. As for HL2, no one really knows, and no one will know until after E3, valve and Gabe has sateing to the press that nothing will be said unitl E3. So in may we will finally know whats the deal With HL2, for all we know it could be coming out in the summer or maybe not until Nov, but its coming out this year. HL2 has to be release before or in Nov, only because theres a couple games based on the HL2 and they can't release until HL2 is, one of those games is coming out November. So that just means we will definitly see HL2 by the latest in November.

Originally posted by Movieesa
Isn't there a tourney coming up though that involves Doom 3 though? Quakecon or some shit?
Thanks

Quakecon, put on by ID software, will be in mid August. There was some speculation ID may have had a demo ready for Quakecon last year, but the best they could muster was a booth set up where you could register/sign-up to get 15 minutes of multiplayer gaming on with Doom3 at Quakecon. This year I would say it's VERY possible Doom 3 will be out in July just in time for Quakecon 2004. :)

Originally posted by Torgo

Take-Two is not privy to such information. They should take George Broussard's advice and "shut the f*ck up" until they have something concrete.

The last source I would trust for such info would be a magazine.

I'm just glad ID is taking it's time to make the game right....... AND......... not scamming the public with BS excuses for BS release dates, like Valve has done to draw extra money from ATI.

Originally posted by OTL
Take-Two is not privy to such information. They should take George Broussard's advice and "shut the f*ck up" until they have something concrete.
I'm sure the conversation went like this:

Take2: Is it done yet?
George: No. Go away.
Take2: Well, do you have a date?
George: When it's done.
Take2: Well, is it close to be done?

An hour later...

George: For the last #$@* time... it'll be done when it's done.
Take2: So that's going to be what? Three... four months from now?
George: Would you go away if I made something up and said 1Q 2005?
Take2: Really? It's going to be done then? Oooo, wait until the investors hear this!

Quake 4 is entirely in Raven's Hands, Id just supplies advice and the engine. therefore Id doesn't need to hurry on to Quake 4. (heck, they don't have to hurry onto anything, they are done with making sequels after Doom3 is done)

what? i guess you're a little off. while its true ID is not developing Doom3, ID is not dome with making games AND Nobody ever said they're done with sequals.

Id is Developing Doom3, Ravensoft is developing Quake4 on the doom3 engine, and according to john Carmack himself, and confirmed in interviews with other owners of Id, they aren't doing any more sequels.

Sucks that they won't do anymore sequals. Personally I would love to see a new Blake Stone game!!

sorry on the last post, i meant quake4, but JC touched on how he would like to see someone Redo quake2 or some of their other older games. Hexen3 anyone? hehe

Originally posted by SacLANd
sorry on the last post, i meant quake4, but JC touched on how he would like to see someone Redo quake2 or some of their other older games. Hexen3 anyone? hehe

Hexen and Heretic could look pretty damn cool with something like the Doom 3 engine. I'd like to see that.

and in a newer inteview he said that the quake2 remix idea is dead. the closest you will get is Raven's sequel to quake2, named quake 4

E3's huge suprise will be DNF is finnished and will be available by 6/15.

That would be so funny i'd die laughing at the news. Laughing at the thought that it beat HL2 to the store shelves.:D

Back