Doom3 + black lines

p0stal

Limp Gawd
First off, I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or not, and if it doesn't belong here, im sorry in advance.

Ok..So I just installed Doom3 (yea I know...little late) and I was excited to play it. I started it up, configurd everything, and started a new game. To my surpise/discontent, there were a bunch of black lines/bars running up the screen, at first (since ive never played D3) I thought it was part of the transmission or something. But then it zoomed out and it was still doing it, and it does it throughout gameplay...I thought the settings might have been too high..so I lowered them. Still there. So I let D3 detect them...Still there...
My system specs are as follows (yea I know they suck...but my new comp jus isnt done yet)
P4 2.66 GHZ
FX5200 (not sure what brand or what drivers Im using)
512 mb ram ( again not sure what brand)
ECS Elitegroup mobo
Good enough monitor.

Any ideas why its doing this? Should I just update drivers?

First step is always uninstall / reinstall all drivers (DX, video) and the game itself.

Doom 3 is openGL, DirectX has no effect on the video.

Download the newest drivers from Nvidia.com and uninstall your old, install the new. See if that does anything for you.

alright... I uninstalled all old drivers, and installed latest ones from Nvidias web site, and it didnt seem to help at all...And now I get 10-15 fps in cs!!! what the heck happened?!?! Doom 3 runs terrible and now so does Counter Strike! What did I do?? I didn't change nething pre-Doom3 ..and the only thing I have done is installed it...I'm not sure if it changed after I installed Doom 3 or after I installed the drivers because I didn't try playing cs until later..

Im thinking I should just system restore...

p0stal said:
alright... I uninstalled all old drivers, and installed latest ones from Nvidias web site, and it didnt seem to help at all...And now I get 10-15 fps in cs!!! what the heck happened?!?! Doom 3 runs terrible and now so does Counter Strike! What did I do?? I didn't change nething pre-Doom3 ..and the only thing I have done is installed it...I'm not sure if it changed after I installed Doom 3 or after I installed the drivers because I didn't try playing cs until later..

Im thinking I should just system restore...

did ya run driver cleaner after the uninstall before you installed the new drivers?

Back