• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Doom3 + ATI sucks because...

BurntToast

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
3,678
John Carmack has stock in Nvidia and is also on the board of directors for Nvidia.

Nuf said.
 
diablo111 said:
Is "Dumbassery" a word?

No, but it should be part of the [H]'s new vocabulary since asshat has spread throughout the net.

And here I thought it was because ATi had problems with OpenGL. :rolleyes:
 
Or maybe ati just needs to rewite their opengl drivers. ATI has said they will improve performance and the 4.9 beta shows they have started. I don't know where that leaves your theory. :rolleyes:
 
He's got a point...

I know you guys worship carmack and all, but he is human, just like everyone else...

edit: I don't believe this is true, bcause ATI DOES have poor opengl driver support...I just like drama. lol

And carmack DID say back in the day that the ATI cards would perform better because they could do more testures/pass at the time, or something like that.
 
Why does everyone have to pick on Doom3...ATi has speed issues with OpenGL in general...and they've freely admitted this...why must it always be a conspiracy...
 
I saw D3 at 1280x1024 High Quality on an x800pro... worked perfectly fine...

I like my 6800 better, but it doesn't suck at all..
 
Lol, ATI saying their OpenGL sucks just isnt good enough for the Conspiracy people... :(
 
all this stuff is getting old the x800 cards run doom3 great just not as fast as 6800s no big deal...
 
this is a very funny thread, prue stupidity on the part of the starter but a funny thread none the less.
 
Back
Top