Doom wads

He knew. The problem with WAD's is, you can get the engine from id/doomsday/zdoom, and then use those wads to play the full game with a little tweaking... It's a edgy subject.

Well if you know how to do it you can get the entire game of quake 2 from idsoftware.

Doomsday/zdoom does not come with everything you need to play doom anyways. Its not a touchy subject, and I doubt he knew what a wad was.

butterfliesrpretty said:
Well if you know how to do it you can get the entire game of quake 2 from idsoftware.

Doomsday/zdoom does not come with everything you need to play doom anyways. Its not a touchy subject, and I doubt he knew what a wad was.

You can get the engine source code from id, NOT the graphics/sounds/levels/etc.

You don't know what a WAD is either, buddy. It's just the file extension on the core data files for a doom episode, NOT a mod. The mods you download will have a WAD file at their core, but WAD is just the proprietary id file type.

And yes, you take zdoom/doomsday (which contain the engine, rewritten), and combine with a wad, and you've got a game, having never bought the original. You can easily get the official wads, so...

You and the rest of you wannabe mods are the reason I don't post here anymore.

This thread is about wads, leave it alone.

butterfliesrpretty said:

You complained that it was locked, I explained (to the best of my ability) why it probably was, and pointed out an error in your statement.

I'll leave, but I don't think your thread is going to go anywhere, especially since your first post is just a link, and it in the first 3 responses from google... there's nothing there to start a conversation over.

I'm done, I'm gone. Have a good one.

butterfliesrpretty said:

Then stop posting

Wads? ...and here I thought this was the sequel to the Doomgasm thread. ;)

Zerv said:
Where's All the Data?
engrish1.jpg

lopoetve said:
BWAHAHA.

What's that from?
Actually it's from an old FIC motherboard. My friend and I were messing in the bios, decided not to save everything, and that message appeared.

On the WAD subject, there are actually 2 types of wads when dealing with the old doom stuff, there is an Iwad, which held all the required level and other data, like what the full game came with ( I do have a legit copy of it as well). There is also PWADs which were used to modify or add too the Iwad you are using. dwango and such are pwads that are commonly used to play the game, at least I see it alot when playing on zdaemon.

Munka said:
haha that's priceless, you should send it to engrish lol
I actually did right after posting. We'll see if they like it enough to put it up :)

Back