DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you interested, Bethesda announced its DOOM multiplayer beta plans yesterday. Leading up to the beta, some players will also be given the opportunity to participate in the DOOM multiplayer alpha as well. Hit the link for all the details.

In the coming months, we’ll be selecting Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC players from the Wolfenstein: TNO Beta pool to participate in the DOOM Multiplayer Alpha. To make sure you’re eligible, make sure you redeem your DOOM Beta code at wolfenstein.com/doom. If you purchased the game digitally through Steam, PSN, or Xbox Live, you’re already set — you have a digital entitlement that will ready you for the Alpha when it starts.

Remember the days when a Alpha/Beta was not something used to get you to buy the game that is not finished just yet...... Ah those where the days, modding, dedicated servers, not released or developed for one platform over another

I'll pass and wait for real reviews from real customers not someone who was given a free trip and a goodie bag

Remember the days when a Alpha/Beta was not something used to get you to buy the game that is not finished just yet...... Ah those where the days, modding, dedicated servers, not released or developed for one platform over another

I'll pass and wait for real reviews from real customers not someone who was given a free trip and a goodie bag

alpha/beta access was bragging rights before. "haha i got to try the alpha!!!" And you used to ask your friend what kinda stuff is coming and it was a fun time. Now alpha is just marketing samples.

so let me get this straight -- I buy something I don't actually want, to *MAYBE* get time limited access to alpha software I might be interested in?

If this is their approach they are already down the path to a failed game.

If they want Doom to be successful, they need to take the approach the original did... fucking SHAREWARE for the first level or two. I'd be willing to bet most of the people in the business have no clue what the word shareware even means.

Not for money, please. I remember for like 3 years after BF 1942 came out, people were still playing the Wake Island demo because Free. This is a very different place.

The new world is monetize everything. I guess I cant fault them is people will pony up and pay.

you can play the Multiplayer right now here at Quakecon. I haven't tried to play it tho, didn't want to line up for it.

I was stoked for this game. That is, until I saw gameplay footage. It looks like bland, generic footage used in game-engine demos, albeit without any of the new or revolutionary engine effects that garner ooh's and ahh's.

And the chicken-McCheese gimmick of playing a static "F4T4L1tY" animation each time the saw's used? Good grief, gag me.

id is dead. Carmack's long gone, and any remaining talent that was once id have emigrated their asses off world, as well. A real pity, really.

Yep, I've said this for quite a while now. The next big thing needs to be physics. I mean.. really well done.. realistic, real-time physics. I thought we'd be much closer now then we are. But that turned out to be much further from the truth then i hoped. But i think gaming is just getting old. its just more of the same poorly done cliche rubbish that is unfortunately piled into ever decreasing buggy, half implemented features.

I really had my hopes up for this one given the teaser! But now i don't expect it to be what i really wanted it to be (a good modern remake of a super fun feature-full game).

I was stoked for this game. That is, until I saw gameplay footage. It looks like bland, generic footage used in game-engine demos, albeit without any of the new or revolutionary engine effects that garner ooh's and ahh's.

And the chicken-McCheese gimmick of playing a static "F4T4L1tY" animation each time the saw's used? Good grief, gag me.

id is dead. Carmack's long gone, and any remaining talent that was once id have emigrated their asses off world, as well. A real pity, really.

I was also looking forward to this game, however after seeing the game footage.... It looks too much like it's been consolized.

Hah! I remember when you could go to id's website and download the betas to play on their servers or the demo, which was basically the whole game missing textures and certain maps.

They revamp graphs and leave the gameplay alone=same old shit with new graphics
They attempt to do something new with an IP=it's not x game anymore

Seriously, it's a market where you simply can't satisfy people.. I liked how it looked [yes, same old gameplay], and that's enough reason for me to buy it..

Actually, after reading this I noticed their is a quake-con sale at steam, I just bought all rooms and quakes again for Uber $30 :)

Back