DOOM : Movie trailer

Did it take like a week to make this movie, or have I been under a rock for the last few months?

-Rikus

RikuS said:
Did it take like a week to make this movie, or have I been under a rock for the last few months?

-Rikus

I vote under rock (the geological kind, your personal life is your own business), I think they started filming last year.

Hey, i hate all video game, comic book adaptations but fuckin damn....

this one is looks fuckin good.

human genome mapping? did i miss something in the game, i thought it was the goddamn teleporter
wow smoking weed does something to your senses.......DONT DO DRUGS GODDAMNIT!
BTW:thats not against the rules to say is it.....i dont wanna get banned.....

at quakecon they showed the pretty long FPS mode.

from what i noticed, the only thing missing was the non-stop reloading.

HRslammR said:
at quakecon they showed the pretty long FPS mode.

from what i noticed, the only thing missing was the non-stop reloading.
yeahhhhh especially in the expansion, with the old school oduble barreled shotty

Anyone else realize that someone was barking the orders to "reload"

To be frank I think it will be a stinker, a "Resident Evil in disguise" type film. The Genome Mapping is ridiculous to begin with.

The sound of "reload" comes from the guns themselves when the magazine empties. I guess that the sound comes through the headsets that the squad uses, rather than as an audio broadcast to your enemies that you're low on ammo. :)

This is backed up by the Quakecon FPS sequence. Karl Urban wasn't wearing a headset, and the gun was silent.

RikuS said:

-Rikus

Rock.... Its been talked about for will months.

The FPS sequence didn't really have good headbobbing going on like the game. To me it kinda felt like he was floating or something.

And I'm pretty sure someone started to say "boom headshot" in that trailer.

Oh and did I hear predator sounds in it as well? Or am I crazy.

It looks decent, nothing great. If they don't capture the feel of an FPS in the first-preson perspective view, that will completely ruin anything the movie had going for it. As someone mentioned above, it looks like he's floating, and the turning movement looks way too slow. I'll rent it...

Ok. So. Now. Why the hell didn't they stick with the ORIGINAL THEME of Doom 3 where an evil scientist decides to unlock a gateway to hell and so forth? Why this human genome mapping crap? Bah. Its now like a Resident Evil knockoff with better graphics...

Lame, but still utterly cool. I shall waste $5 seeing this movie.

evil scientist decides to wha??

it was an accident during a teleporter experiment

and i think there should be a movie that goes w/ the original theme of doom

armies of demons pouring through the gate and all the architecture getting all warped and shit the deeper you go... throw in a double barrel shotty, faithful character design and a brain spider thing at the end and youre golden

i can still dream....

The only way hollywood should make a doom movie is stick the the original story line, no The Rock, and have enough gore in it to make it an NC-17 rating.

I think the only way I'm going to watch this is a "preview" copy and really drunk.

Deviationer said:
The only way hollywood should make a doom movie is stick the the original story line, no The Rock, and have enough gore in it to make it an NC-17 rating.

I think the only way I'm going to watch this is a "preview" copy and really drunk.

At least it is R, I'm actually shocked it's not PG-13.

I think they aimed for R rating and probably had to add some stuff to get that rating. After all who wants to see a PG-13 rted DOOM movie?

The genome mapping is from the teleporting experiments. ID worked directly with the movie, I seriously doubt that if you like the game you won't be disappointed with the movie.

animosity said:
The genome mapping is from the teleporting experiments. ID worked directly with the movie, I seriously doubt that if you like the game you won't be disappointed with the movie.

Thanks for stating this. I hate reading people keep posting about "why genome mapping"
That's just part of it.

The movie is supposed to be pretty faithful to the "story" of Doom. *pure action movie*

EnforcerGT said:
Hey, i hate all video game, comic book adaptations but fuckin damn....

this one is looks fuckin good.

Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Superman, resident evil, Blade, Mario bros...you hated all of those?

(I know some hate RE the movie, but i can't remember another decent VG movie and I seem to recall 1 other)

well I guess Mortal Kombat was O.K.

Comic movies of late have been pretty good actually.

Z(+)DIAC said:
Anyone else realize that someone was barking the orders to "reload"

To be frank I think it will be a stinker, a "Resident Evil in disguise" type film. The Genome Mapping is ridiculous to begin with.

umm actually that is what the UMAC did in mars along with teleporting experiments ;)

BTW Id was involved in the movies making from the get go. ;)

edit:: oops see someone already mentioned this. BTW anyone catch the BFG9000 short burst on screen? :)

Lets just hope they don't further screw it up with a romantic subplot. I hate it when they do that.

Sheldog23 said:
Lets just hope they don't further screw it up with a romantic subplot. I hate it when they do that.

I couldn't agree with you more

Remember Terminator.... that was a BS Time paradox situation also!

Yeah, I dunno if I could go back in time and have sex with my bosses mom and then die by my bosses competition. Then turn out to be my bosses father.... :eek:

Back