DOOM is up on Steam

they should have called it Doom 4 or given it another sub-title to differentiate it from the classic Doom

ahaha ok this screenshot

ss_d4408123acf59c69cc1944973f7b9ea8b97bdd2e.1920x1080.jpg

they should have called it Doom 4 or given it another sub-title to differentiate it from the classic Doom

Seeing as how it's a retelling of a retelling, I don't know how important that is. I mean, it's a new Doom game. :D The way you tell it apart from the original is that it costs $59 as opposed to $5. hehehe

Looking good though, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, I noticed that screenshot too. Funny! :D Someone got a little trigger-happy on the screen captures.

No mods outside of SnapMap? I wonder how much you can actually do then. Anyone see good documentation or video on that?

Seeing as how it's a retelling of a retelling, I don't know how important that is. I mean, it's a new Doom game. :D The way you tell it apart from the original is that it costs $59 as opposed to $5. hehehe

Looking good though, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, I noticed that screenshot too. Funny! :D Someone got a little trigger-happy on the screen captures.
Doom 3 was basically a remake and they serialized the name. I don't know why they can't do the same here. Maybe it's to distance themselves from Carmack's id Software.

The original three episodes of Doom through shareware licensing cost $40 altogether, by the way ;).

Doom 3 was basically a remake and they serialized the name. I don't know why they can't do the same here. Maybe it's to distance themselves from Carmack's id Software.

The original three episodes of Doom through shareware licensing cost $40 altogether, by the way ;).

Yeah, I omitted it on purpose, just to make that point. I really don't care either way. Doom, Doom4, Doom192, DoomPlus, Doom++... I'll buy it. :D

I don't get it. But I'm slow.

:)

Looks like I'll be playing this soon.

Don't whether its true, but have read from people claiming to have tested an alpha build that you have weapon load outs rather than pick ups, so I'm keeping my expectations low at this point.

Don't whether its true, but have read from people claiming to have tested an alpha build that you have weapon load outs rather than pick ups, so I'm keeping my expectations low at this point.

It's Bethesda making a Doom game. I have zero expectations.

Didn't Bethesda scrap/rewrite their script for this game like twice already? Surely on the third try , it should be pretty decent.

Last edited:
I don't get it. But I'm slow.

:)

Looks like I'll be playing this soon.

It's like literally the least interesting, least descriptive screenshot they could possibly put up about the game.

Yup, the game's got red, brown, and embers.

In Quake picking up Guns and Amo was the best part of the game hogging the Quad Damage
or Rocket Launcher..Loadouts are stupid

I cant wait to give it a go. Wasn't a huge fan of Doom 3 having grown up with Doom/Doom2. It looked pretty for the time, but gameplay was just so much different. This new one looks like it's going back to it's roots. Loving the environments.

ahaha ok this screenshot

ss_d4408123acf59c69cc1944973f7b9ea8b97bdd2e.1920x1080.jpg

lol that bugged me too. "WTF Ron... you had one damn job"

How come?

Just people wanting to hate something. There's still a chunk of the id team there, and the game looks very good so far. They seem to be making a few changes, which is fine, but the core of Doom appears to be there. Can't make everyone happy. I've loved everything they've ever made pretty much, so I can't see this being bad. Day one purchase for me, so I guess I'll find out.

I still think it will be meh.. graphics aint that special it should be like doom3 at launch really demanding and good for its time hell it wanted 512mb cards back then for ultra which wasnt even available lmao....

I'm hoping that the beta (from the Wolfenstein pre-order) is enough to help me determine if this is an early purchase instead of waiting for a sale.

I've played a little bit of the multi-player alpha and it was slightly fun (fast-paced death match), but I was too distracted by other games to commit much time to getting very involved.

I've played a little bit of the multi-player alpha and it was slightly fun (fast-paced death match), but I was too distracted by other games to commit much time to getting very involved.

Is it true that there were no weapon pick ups? Also, what was the max player count and were there dedicated servers and a server browser?

Zenimax, actually, but not far off the mark. And agreed. I was not impressed by the reveal.
Zenimax Media is just the owner. Machine Games is the studio that actually did the work. Zenimax owns what is left of Id and Bethesda too.

Operating Divisions

Vlatko Andonov
President, Bethesda Softworks LLC

Todd Howard
Executive Producer, Bethesda Game Studios

Raphael Colantonio
President, Arkane Studios

Rich Vogel
President, BattleCry Studios

Tim Willits
Studio Director, id Software

Jerk Gustafsson
Managing Director, MachineGames

Shinji Mikami
Executive Producer, Tango Gameworks

Matt Firor
President, ZeniMax Online Studios LLC

Tetsu Takahashi
General Manager, ZeniMax Asia KK

Sean Brennan
European Managing Director, ZeniMax Europe Ltd.

Frank Matzke
Managing Director, ZeniMax Germany GmbH

Julie Chalmette
Président, ZeniMax France SAS

Menno Eijck
General Manager, ZeniMax Benelux BV

Simon Alty
Managing Director, ZeniMax Australia

Michael Chiang
General Manager, ZeniMax Asia Pacific Ltd

Thanks, we really a thread about the store page for a game being released Spring 2016. Lets all go pre-order it now before all the digital copies run out.

In his defense, you could take away that the game is almost ready and not to be delayed (which Doom 3 was infamous for), so it doesn't hurt to promote it a bit.

Thanks, we really a thread about the store page for a game being released Spring 2016. Lets all go pre-order it now before all the digital copies run out.

Thank you too! Your contribution has been spectacular.

Whipped out my old Doom 3 discs and installed the "Absolute HD" mod from moddb....

That, was a humbling experience.

I averaged like 25-30 fps in Hell. Curazy!!

Back