• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Doom III For OS X !!!

Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
28
link :: http://www.linuxgames.com/?dataloc=articles/ttimo/

Quote ::"What's the status of the DOOM 3 dedicated server and the client?"

I think there's a very good chance we can get the dedicated server out with the next patch, because it's been running very smoothly in the DOOM 3 tournaments. We still need to polish it a bit, but it will get released pretty soon. I know that the server admins are waiting, and Linux gamers don't really care about it, but we have to follow our priorities. Since gold, the Mac port was definitely the big thing; it benefits both the Linux and the Mac version, but Mac had to come first.":D" The Linux client is running pretty good, I'm getting surprisingly good performance compared to the Windows version, but I absolutely don't want to release something that's half-done or half-finished. I want to polish it; it should come together within a few weeks.

"Interview with id Software's Timothee Besset"
 
Nice

Last I read about it, the mac version wasn't a huge priority, but something they were going to accomplish.

Very nice.

I wonder if they'll distribute on DVD. Any mac capable of playing D3 will have a DVD drive..
 
Wonder what the system spec requirements will be.... Very interested in the video card specs, since that's the driving requirement on the PC side.
 
He said it was just about on-par with windows versions just some cleaning up to do and tweaking & code changes with ? New? patch for the whole thing, "doom III"
server compatabilities...
it is using the arb2 function calls so Nvidia hardware is "On-Par" in os x
ATI=Don't know ? Should be able to cause of arb2 calls no reason for problems...
 
Back
Top