Doom III 5900U v 9800Pro

HomerEBW

Limp Gawd
Since Doom III uses OpenGL, would the 5900U perform better with Doom III than the 9800Pro?

With driver "optimizations" who knows? Check after the game is released.

according to Id - no matter what hardware you have it will suck to play thier new game. Or at least that's what they've been saying for the past 5 years... <sigh>

I imagine either one will fare well enough.

Peace,
Tim

According to Anandtech's D3Alpha benchmarks at Medium detail, the 5900 Ultra outperformed the 9800PRO by around 20-25% with AA/AF enabled, and around 35-40% with AA/AF disabled.

If Doom 3 incorporates the shadow technology in the 5900, then I think nVidia may very well
have the upperhand...but most likely we wont be able to tell a difference.

We'll have to wait a few days after the realease when websites post their findings and when
[H] post their real world gameplay benches (if they do at all).

tranCendenZ said:
According to Anandtech's D3Alpha benchmarks at Medium detail, the 5900 Ultra outperformed the 9800PRO by around 20-25% with AA/AF enabled, and around 35-40% with AA/AF disabled.

Wern't the ATI drivers at the time of that review pretty much broken when it came to running the Alpha? Getting the same low fps all at all resolutions?

hi homer ;)

I thought I heard that doom3 benchmarks were coming out this week, but that didn't happen. I hope we'll get some info before the game is out. Carmack said that nvidia was his platform of choice...I'm guessing nvidia will take a small lead at least due to the fact that it's opengl

ShowMeThe$$$$$$ said:
Wern't the ATI drivers at the time of that review pretty much broken when it came to running the Alpha? Getting the same low fps all at all resolutions?
That was the HardOCP preview, Anandtech used different drivers.

We should wait until the game comes out, but I am sure that ATi will perform just as well as Nvidia.

Back