DOOM: Hell Followed DLC Now Available

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Oct 31, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

For those of you that haven't seen the announcement yet (it kind of went under the radar), Bethesda announced that the new DOOM: Hell Followed DLC is now available. I've embedded the announcement video here.

2. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

The direct link to the news post isn't working for me, but I can see it on the front page.

3. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Oh boy, paid multiplayer DLC for a game that no one plays multiplayer. Sign me up.

4. nvgrim

nvgrim [H]ard|Gawd

Meh, if there was more SP included i might buy it. But strictly only MP, no thanks. I play the DOOM MP from time to time but not enough to buy DLC for it.

Ur_Mom and KazeoHin like this.
  5. CrazyRob

CrazyRob [H]ard|Gawd

if they released a significant single player dlc and bundled all the multiplayer dlc into it, I'd pay another $60. but multiplayer only? no thanks.

KazeoHin and Armenius like this.
  6. Gweenz

Gweenz [H]ard|Gawd

How much would you pay for the game if you only play SP? I've been thinking of picking it up but at $60 no thanks.

7. Bandalo

Bandalo 2[H]4U

It's probably worth full price just for the SP campaign. That being said, you can get it for $25-35 pretty easily if you look around.

Ur_Mom likes this.
  8. ThreeDee

ThreeDee [H]ardForum Junkie

I picked it up for $22 here on the forums .. had a blast going through the SP campaign ... going through and trying to find all the secret stuff now. Not much of a MP guy except for TF2 once in a blue moon ....

9. canmanone

canmanone Limp Gawd

i picked it up for 30 and steam controller for also 30. save quit a bit

10. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

SP was a fun time, worth it. But MP i didnt really enjoy so I haven't played any DLC at all.

11. DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy [H]ardness Supreme

It's like 19 bux at cdkeys.com for the full game.

12. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

I've played the game SP only and beat it twice. If you are the kind of person who loves to explore and find secrets, its got TONS of replay value. if you are just a fan of good, oldschool balls-to-the-wall FPS: its worth buying on a sale.

13. DrDoU

DrDoU 2[H]4U

not worth it.Cheaters will be overrunning the game

14. Ur_Mom

Ur_Mom I'm Not Serious

I paid 30 the first week it was out. You can still find it for that price (or less) fairly often.

Very much worth it for SP. Excellent game.

15. collegeboy69us

collegeboy69us [H]ardness Supreme

BF1 is sucking down what little free time I have now... if the multiplayer wasn't dead (from what I hear) I'd be more inclined to buy it. Might pick this up on a holiday sale for the singleplayer sometime as I hear it's pretty awesome. As cool as it might be, I still dont' think it would ever replace the terror and fun I had playing the original doom on my old packard bell 66mhc machine, god it was so much fun being a kid back then.

alxlwson likes this.
  16. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz Bulls[H]it Master

I would love anymore SP Doom. This game hit all the retro feels of the original game while giving some brand new additions. The multiplayer was pathetic and should not even have been included. That being said, I really hope there is a new MP Quake in the works using this game engine. It's beautiful while at the same time not overtaxing on hardware.

17. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

You must've missed Quake Champions. It's coming next year. We even have a thread about it.

CaptNumbNutz likes this.
  18. Wolf-R1

Wolf-R1 [H]ard|Gawd

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed in this. I've been waiting to see DLC for the game before I bought it. At this rate maybe I'll get it Christmas 2017.

19. mls1995

mls1995 2[H]4U

I liked the MP for Doom. First MP game I've played for YEARS.

20. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus [H]ardOCP Case Reviewer

Cheaters make DOOM MP dodgy at best but when I have a chance to play with friends, it's pretty great. Will buy this DLC - the maps look cool and being able to play as a cacodemon sounds fun. I am eager for the first SP DLC, which will hopefully release soon, but who knows.