Doom free weekend - Dead

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
Steam has a promo this weekend for Doom. The price is $15 (cheapest I have seen it) but more important, you are able to play it without limitations for free till Sunday.

I picked it up for $15 during the summer sale as well.

Real n00b question... I actually bought the game but don't currently have Live Gold. Tried getting into online match yesterday and nothing really happened other than a lot of failed attempts to connect. I cannot get free weekend access if I don't have Live Gold right?

Real n00b question... I actually bought the game but don't currently have Live Gold. Tried getting into online match yesterday and nothing really happened other than a lot of failed attempts to connect. I cannot get free weekend access if I don't have Live Gold right?
I think you mean Xbox live? This free weekend is just for Steam on PC.

Steam has a promo this weekend for Doom. The price is $15 (cheapest I have seen it) but more important, you are able to play it without limitations for free till Sunday.
Not true actually. You'll quickly find out that the SP campaign is locked to the first 2 levels (after waiting on a 70GB download). It's hardly limitation free unfortunately.

Not true actually. You'll quickly find out that the SP campaign is locked to the first 2 levels (after waiting on a 70GB download). It's hardly limitation free unfortunately.

Thanks for this, I was going to download it but not just for the MP.

Buy it. It was one of the best shooters of 2016, if not THE best. Especially if you like old school gameplay: cutting down beasties with awesome weapons in brute force style with some hidden secrets along the way.

Well worth it at $15!

Don't try installing it under Linux using Wine and configuring for Vulkan as the Steam store doesn't appear to work under Wine ATM....Grumble.

All I wanted to do was enjoy the Vulkan goodness.

I think you mean Xbox live? This free weekend is just for Steam on PC.

Yep I mean Xbox Live, have been without a video card for a while now! Funny I now have the game on both Xbox and PC which I bought around release.

Since posting, I've noticed this also. Thankfully my download is fast so it only took an hour but what a let down. I played a few games of mP which were pretty good but still bummed about the campaign.

I bit for $15. I am embarrassed to say that in the two level demo they offered for free over the weekend, I never could find the yellow (or was it orange) key needed to complete the mission. Well I will now have an infinite time to find it.

Mediocre graphics and meh gameplay, not for me.

Mediocre graphics and meh gameplay, not for me.
Doom has never been about groundbreaking game play and this is no exception but I think the graphics are pretty good. When Doom 3 came out, I thought the graphics looked mediocre compared to some games at the time (Farcry was one). This Doom compared to the competition has above average graphics. As far as game play, too many games now are getting too complicated to remember if you put the game down for a month and then pick it up again. This one is straight forward which I like.

I picked it up for $15....thx!

I think the graphics look great, personally -- 1440p on gtx 1070.

Back