• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Doom 3 Sound Keeps Cutting Out! Help.

Stangs55

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
223
Check my sig for the setup. I have the newest drivers for all of my components.

I just got my surround sound speakers and fired up Doom III to test them out. Enabled surround sound in the menu. But after playing for a few minutes, the sound completely cuts out. Why?

I've done some searching and found ALOT of people that had similar problems w/their SB Audigy2's, but they were all pretty old posts. Has this been fixed? And how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Oh yea, and I do have the 1.1 D3 patch. And the autoupdate on www.soundblaster.com says I'm all up to date. But for kicks, my sb WDM driver says "5.12.1.444" dated 6/23/2004.
 
Had this problem on my nforce2. Now running a P4 system, problem's gone. No idea wtf the issue is. Must be related to the fact that the sound is not going through Direct 3D.
 
Back
Top