Doom 3 on 110" Screen with 7.1 audio

plink said:
Yea, that would work on mine too, except I'm not using component. Just DVI-I. And all I want is the digital signal to be sent through not the analog signal with it, as it is doing now. It sends both the analog and digital signals at the same time through the dvi-i cable, and then the projector just sometimes picks the wrong one. So that is why i just want to force the graphics card to just output a digital only signal. That way, the projector can't get mixed up and will only be able to choose the digital source.

oh.. ok.. i get u now.. although i havent had ne problems with mine hooked up to my DLP via a DVI-I cable.. but i guess ur projector is different.. goodluck :p

Heh, man Plink consider yourself lucky. when I boot off dvi only with no monitor drivers setup it defaults to 960-720 and wont let me go any higher unless i go into the 3d in the ati tab and "force 720p".

Not really a problem tho cuz I used powerstrip to set up a driver and now everything works just fine.

Im happy wit mine :)

aradeath said:
oh.. ok.. i get u now.. although i havent had ne problems with mine hooked up to my DLP via a DVI-I cable.. but i guess ur projector is different.. goodluck :p

DVI-I = DVI-D + VGA in the same connector. You may wish to make sure that the source is outputing the signal in the DVI-D format and not the VGA format (DVI-A). Also make sure the load (projector) is set for digital input and not analog input.

-tReP

Next project, getting a 1920x1080 projector (either DLP or LCD, whichever hits 2 grand UK sterling first), and running an SLId 6800 ultra setup into it :cool:

As for screens, most premium screens offer higher gain values than youll usually get from a painted wall, so they reflect more light. Unfortunately this usually means they have a cone of visibility, and can be prone to hotspotting.

Screens for LCD projectors tend to be grey, as it massively improves the black level from the projectors themselves - and if you are painting your walls, use Dulux Ice Storm 6.

Front projectors rock for games, and for movies, and for sport, pretty much everything, and in this country theyre cheaper than most rear projection tvs!

pez

uh dude, doom only supports 4 channel audio. I hooked it up to my 5.1 sys a few days before it came out, and it didn't have very good 3d positional audio. HL2, now thats got some bangin surround sound.

7718 said:
uh dude, doom only supports 4 channel audio. I hooked it up to my 5.1 sys a few days before it came out, and it didn't have very good 3d positional audio. HL2, now thats got some bangin surround sound.

what u talking about, doom is also 5.1 - i also thought it sounded better, imho

Doom3's sound effects and engine paled in comparison to HL2's. You can debate over which had better graphics, but the sound was night and day.

bripab007 said:
Doom3's sound effects and engine paled in comparison to HL2's. You can debate over which had better graphics, but the sound was night and day.
I concure

Back