Doom 3 graphical problems - BFG 6800 GT OC - Pics included.

Using the rig in my sig, I am playing at 1600x1200x32 @ High w/ 2Qx AA (looks like 4x AA) and it runs grrrreat!
EXCEPT, I started getting these black spots and lines in the flashlight light, and then it locked up my computer once last night. I assume that my overclocked like a bitch 6800 GT in my Shuttle case overheated... right now it's at 420/1100. I'm using the latest nVidia drivers (61.77) so that shouldn't be the case. Any ideas on what I should do? Do you think lowering the clock speed would do the trick? Or is it a memory problem?
If it is memory, do you think that ramsinks would possibly solve it?
I'm using a Vantec Tornado as my ICE exhaust fan in my Shuttle, and it keeps the ambient temps pretty low I think. Right now at idle, my temps are: GPU-60c / Ambient-37c.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the nVidia drivers overclock autodetect feature said my optimal clock was 421/1100, so that's what I have it set on.

Thanks for looking!

Notice the objects in the flashlight light.
oops1.jpg

No problems with this shot.
oops2.jpg

This is the same shot, only with problems.
oops3.jpg

try running at default clock speed, you'll see if this is a overclock problem. If so, then up your clock until you see the default again...

It's probabley your OC. My OC is 430/1150 for every game except Doom3. It artifcats at those speeds. So I settled for 400/1100 and now it runs fine.

My max detected frequancies were 428/1150.

Thanks for the replies!

I'll try running it at 400/1100 just for Doom 3. Picky thing, isn't it? :D

Running at 400/1100 seemed to have cured the problem. Thanks!
I might try upping the clock a bit, just to see what I can get away with, but at this speed I'm having no problems running it at the high settings I have it on, which is great. (At least as early on in the game as I am, I just encountered the spiders)

Back