skating101
n00b
- Joined
- May 21, 2007
- Messages
- 8
I am looking for some help as to why I dont get the expected frame rates in most games with my system (see below). Most noticeably Doom 3. See this link for the details
My frame rate results with the included timedemo demo1 are below:
1024 x 768 - 60 FPS (average second run)
1280 x 1024 - 42 FPS (average second run)
1600 x 1200 - 31 FPS (average second run)
The expected frame rate results (assuming that my graphics card is similiar to a 6800GT which I have seen from some reviews or assuming that Quake 4 is similar to Doom 3 see this article
) are
1024 x 768 - 80 FPS (stats for my card in Quake 4)
1280 x 1024 - 59 FPS (stats for my card in Quake 4)
1600 x 1200 - 57 FPS (stats for the 6800 GT card in the HardOCP link)
My system:
Athlon 64 3500+
1GB DDR400 Ram (512MB Kingston and 512MB Hynix)
XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256MB (not overclocked, 2 days old with 93.71 drivers)
A Gigabyte Socket 939 Motherboard (cant remember name)
40GB Western Digital 7,200 rpm HDD master and 200GB Western Digital 7,200 rpm HDD slave.
Anybody know what my problem could be? Please I really need to know if its the card so I can get it replaced
Note: All tests have Anti Aliasing turned off
HTML:
http://www2.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA5MDc4NzE0M1RPNjJBTU9FV1hfMTZfM19sLmdpZg==
My frame rate results with the included timedemo demo1 are below:
1024 x 768 - 60 FPS (average second run)
1280 x 1024 - 42 FPS (average second run)
1600 x 1200 - 31 FPS (average second run)
The expected frame rate results (assuming that my graphics card is similiar to a 6800GT which I have seen from some reviews or assuming that Quake 4 is similar to Doom 3 see this article
HTML:
http://www.behardware.com/articles/663-6/agp-graphic-cards-in-2007.html
1024 x 768 - 80 FPS (stats for my card in Quake 4)
1280 x 1024 - 59 FPS (stats for my card in Quake 4)
1600 x 1200 - 57 FPS (stats for the 6800 GT card in the HardOCP link)
My system:
Athlon 64 3500+
1GB DDR400 Ram (512MB Kingston and 512MB Hynix)
XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256MB (not overclocked, 2 days old with 93.71 drivers)
A Gigabyte Socket 939 Motherboard (cant remember name)
40GB Western Digital 7,200 rpm HDD master and 200GB Western Digital 7,200 rpm HDD slave.
Anybody know what my problem could be? Please I really need to know if its the card so I can get it replaced
Note: All tests have Anti Aliasing turned off