Doom 3 BFG edition question

fightingfi

2[H]4U
OK i know its old and ive decided i better finish this game i bought yrs ago. I have NO idea how to access or where to get access codes for the xtra ammo and crates can anyone help me figure this out please Tankies in advanced :D

If you are referring to the locked cabinets and what not throughout the game, you have to looks for clues in the game. Mostly from reading PDAs IIRC.

emails? voice messages? have no idea what this is or how to do so

..... have you just.... not been picking anything up or doing anything other than shooting things?

You can only not know those things within the first 5 minutes of the game if you willingly ignore them. "hey, look, a PDA on the ground! FUCK THAT PDA, I WONT PICK IT UP!!!!"

OK i know its old and ive decided i better finish this game i bought yrs ago. I have NO idea how to access or where to get access codes for the xtra ammo and crates can anyone help me figure this out please Tankies in advanced :D
Alt+TAB, then go to Steam Guides, look at Secrets. There's a walkthrough that has them all.

not really that different from asking for "how to's" here. could just google it. "hey i wonder...." type that into google.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
never googled anything while playing ANY OTHER GAME to get thru it let me pause before i give this guy a headshot in CSS GO to make sure i know how to aim and have timing ,check for wind, humidity BAM im DEAD............

never googled anything while playing ANY OTHER GAME to get thru it let me pause before i give this guy a headshot in CSS GO to make sure i know how to aim and have timing ,check for wind, humidity BAM im DEAD............

.... but you shouldnt HAVE to have done that in this game. Its not a secret or hard to find how to read PDAs..... because its *required* at points in the game to get info for them for the progression...... You should have known how to do it just form playing the game for a short bit of time. And if you didnt happen to find a way to unlock something when you find it, search harder. And when something asks for a code, in every game ever, the code is SOMEWHERE in the game, so you arent looking hard enough if you cant find it. SOMEONE found that code thats published online. OH, one exception. Meryls communicator code from Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, which is printed on the CD case, because that seemed like a smart idea..... (It was a "form" of copy protection, but it really just screwed people who rented the game)

Did you not play the original dooms or wolfenstein games? Where theres a very vaguely different looking wall in a corridor that looks like every other corridor, but THIS wall with one pixel of a different color thats nearly the same color as the rest of the wall, has a secret behind it and you have to interact with it to open it? You know how we used to find stuff like that? Run through the entire damn level, looking at the walls, and slamming the interact key. Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, a wall would open, something would appear, etc etc, and it was worth it.

While I agree that it’s much more rewarding to play a game as intended, what is with all the game police around here? Play it how you want. If someone asks a question, and you can answer it, why not answer? Who cares how someone else plays a single player game? That said, I’ve played through Doom 3 about 20 times, and I still can’t answer the OP’s question. (specifically, other than PDA or Email) :p

kind of ruins the game looking ellsewhere you know, online or cheating pausing a game..........
.... but you shouldnt HAVE to have done that in this game. Its not a secret or hard to find how to read PDAs..... because its *required* at points in the game to get info for them for the progression...... You should have known how to do it just form playing the game for a short bit of time. And if you didnt happen to find a way to unlock something when you find it, search harder. And when something asks for a code, in every game ever, the code is SOMEWHERE in the game, so you arent looking hard enough if you cant find it. SOMEONE found that code thats published online. OH, one exception. Meryls communicator code from Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, which is printed on the CD case, because that seemed like a smart idea..... (It was a "form" of copy protection, but it really just screwed people who rented the game)

Did you not play the original dooms or wolfenstein games? Where theres a very vaguely different looking wall in a corridor that looks like every other corridor, but THIS wall with one pixel of a different color thats nearly the same color as the rest of the wall, has a secret behind it and you have to interact with it to open it? You know how we used to find stuff like that? Run through the entire damn level, looking at the walls, and slamming the interact key. Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, a wall would open, something would appear, etc etc, and it was worth it.
I got things to do and ladies to bang. Ain't got time for that.

You'll be sad to hear that I use Cheat Engine to eliminate EXP Griding in RPGSs.

While I agree that it’s much more rewarding to play a game as intended, what is with all the game police around here? Play it how you want. If someone asks a question, and you can answer it, why not answer? Who cares how someone else plays a single player game? That said, I’ve played through Doom 3 about 20 times, and I still can’t answer the OP’s question. (specifically, other than PDA or Email) :p
Name doesn't check out.

Alt+TAB, then go to Steam Guides, look at Secrets. There's a walkthrough that has them all.
Shift+TAB, not Alt+TAB. The former won't throw you out of the game.

This. The very beginning of the game introduces you to PDAs when you walk into the lobby. The guy literally says, "... It's important, so don't forget it."

Back