• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Doom 3 9700Pro Benchies (my system)

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
My Best Buy was open tonight so i popped on bye! :)

The game is beautiful. Yeah yeah i know "We know already damnit" but really it is. YOu truely must see it. Just amazing. Anyway - on we go:

800*600 Medium Quality - 61 fps
1024*768 Medium Quality - 42 fps

800*600 High Quality - 52.7 fps
1024*768 High Quality - 37.2 fps

All done using the built in timedemo (demo1). I must say, the game does look good at lower res. Its fully playable at 1024*768 High Quality, however you will notice some slowdown here and there. I play at 800*600 High Quality and its completely silky smooth.
 
Didn't know about the timedemo...

I got a

1024X768 HIGH QUALITY - 60.6fps



2400 mobile barton at 2.4ghz 12x200fsb A7N8X
6800 gt 399/1000

I can't play at higher res or AA because I can't stand for it to dip below 60fps ever.

My wife is doing great with a 2500+ stock and a 9800 pro however.

It is good to see that a 9700 pro can run it so well.
 
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, the 9700Pro should run D3 about 90%-95% as good as the 9800pro...there really isn't much difference between the two cards.
 
Killdozer said:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, the 9700Pro should run D3 about 90%-95% as good as the 9800pro...there really isn't much difference between the two cards.

60 mhz core and a improved Hyper Z for shadows :)

Others are showing similiar results (i believe). 800*600 high quality is what you want.
 
Killdozer said:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, the 9700Pro should run D3 about 90%-95% as good as the 9800pro...there really isn't much difference between the two cards.


there is ... 9700 is more like the 9800 np only older shaders etc... 9800 np to pro make s nice difference.
 
Justintoxicated said:
there is ... 9700 is more like the 9800 np only older shaders etc... 9800 np to pro make s nice difference.

The difference isn't that big. Going from a non-Pro to a pro is pretty big, I'd say it's half the difference.
 
Back when I switched from the 9700 pro to the 9800 pro, I noticed I could turn the shadows on in Morrowind with much much less performance hit.
 
deadoralive said:
system in sig, 9800pro

1024x768 High Quality - 42fps

SWEET I got a 2.6ghz mobile barton below...with a 9700pro....thanks for the benchmark man, now I know what to look foward too

DASHlT
 
deadoralive said:
system in sig, 9800pro

1024x768 High Quality - 42fps
Seems about right fiven i got 37.2. :)

I still say 800*600 HQ is the sweet spot for the 9700.
 
My 9700Pro runs better than I had thought. I even have the balls to play it at 1280x1024. All in high quality settings.

They just never mentioned the 9700Pro in the Doom 3 benchmarks, and I really think they should have done something about that. Hmmm pushing sales?
 
MooCow said:
My 9700Pro runs better than I had thought. I even have the balls to play it at 1280x1024. All in high quality settings.

They just never mentioned the 9700Pro in the Doom 3 benchmarks, and I really think they should have done something about that. Hmmm pushing sales?
Thats cool. I just need SILKY smooth all around.
 
yea i played in 1280x1024 with all high(high detail level) settings on and even 4x af. The game looked beautiful. It ran smooth and the only thing i noticed is every once in a while the game would pause probably to load more textures. still a very nice experience.

I do also have a 3500+ oc'ed to 2.55 ghz. so that might help with the playability. Im just waiting for my BFG ultra 8)
 
Xenozx said:
yea i played in 1280x1024 with all high(high detail level) settings on and even 4x af. The game looked beautiful. It ran smooth and the only thing i noticed is every once in a while the game would pause probably to load more textures. still a very nice experience.

I do also have a 3500+ oc'ed to 2.55 ghz. so that might help with the playability. Im just waiting for my BFG ultra 8)

Yeah, i bumped it to 1024*768 and theres some slowdown in large fights but pretty good overall. I tried 1280 and it was great when walking, just a little too much slowdown in the big fights for me. Still cant believe how well it runs.
 
"They just never mentioned the 9700Pro in the Doom 3 benchmarks, and I really think they should have done something about that. Hmmm pushing sales?"

Actually what bothered me was the lack of 9700/9800s(5900) on the 2500+ system(of course you can look at the P4). They should indexed by video card as well as cpu.
 
Cool, i was hoping for 1024x768 and 40+ fps from my 9700pro. Looks like it just about squeezes it on medium quality.

I wasn't expecting to play the game on high at that res, seeing as it doesnt have the 256Mb recommended for those settings.

Aside from the slight increase in framerate, does playing on 'high' settings justify the drop in resolution to 800x600?
 
p4 2.4b at 2.8
512mb corsair xms pc3200 ddr
9700pro

36fps at 1024x768 medium
33fps at 1024x768 high
31.5fps at 1152x864 medium
25.9fps 1280x1024 medium

i usually run 1024x768 at medium and it runs quite smoothly
 
Back
Top