Fuzzy Logik
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2001
- Messages
- 1,055
I've been looking at these LCDs, 2405/2005.
It almost seems to me like everyone is trying to justify there switch to an LCD after paying for something they aren't truly happy with.
Lets face it, right now the big battle is the fp2005 Dell LCD and the FW900 refurbished CRT monitor.
Ok that just plain suck ass.
I either have to go LCD and try and justify my shitty gaming experience because it's an LCD - Liquid Crystal Display, DVI, 8ms , and saves deskspace ( who gives a shit about deskspace??? What ... you need something other than a monitor and speakers on your desk? )... yet it still blows ass for intense graphics.
OR
I can take my chances buying a USED CRT.
You know what
Those options SUCK.
Why in the world is there not a better CRT monitor than a used FW900, or a LCD monitor?
I mean... wtf.
I know companies are makiing the switch to LCD, but there has to be a trinitron monitor out there , brand new, by some company thats just as good as a FW900 or the fp2005 LCD screen.
With all the crap I hear people complaining about you would think there would be a decent CRT solution.
I mean hell... I would spend $800 on a good CRT instead of 400 on a LCD that kicked ass. LCD will always suck for games.
So any suggestions for me?
Anyone give a CRT that may be pricey, but will pwn the FW900 and the fp2005?
I only require a 19 inch. If it's bigger, Kudos, if it's 17 inch I can deal.
Any suggestions???
Hell... I like my friends CTX FD Trinitron
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/chart_test_report/0,prodid,12281,00.asp
I think it totally kicks ass, so if you can find something better than this or equivalent I am happy.
If the fp2005 LCD is better, (I don't see how when dealing with how LCDs refresh, dead pixels and screen door effect, thats just an LCD. ) then maybe I can deal with it.I just don't think LCDs look good for games or preform good.
Thanks!!
It almost seems to me like everyone is trying to justify there switch to an LCD after paying for something they aren't truly happy with.
Lets face it, right now the big battle is the fp2005 Dell LCD and the FW900 refurbished CRT monitor.
Ok that just plain suck ass.
I either have to go LCD and try and justify my shitty gaming experience because it's an LCD - Liquid Crystal Display, DVI, 8ms , and saves deskspace ( who gives a shit about deskspace??? What ... you need something other than a monitor and speakers on your desk? )... yet it still blows ass for intense graphics.
OR
I can take my chances buying a USED CRT.
You know what
Those options SUCK.
Why in the world is there not a better CRT monitor than a used FW900, or a LCD monitor?
I mean... wtf.
I know companies are makiing the switch to LCD, but there has to be a trinitron monitor out there , brand new, by some company thats just as good as a FW900 or the fp2005 LCD screen.
With all the crap I hear people complaining about you would think there would be a decent CRT solution.
I mean hell... I would spend $800 on a good CRT instead of 400 on a LCD that kicked ass. LCD will always suck for games.
So any suggestions for me?
Anyone give a CRT that may be pricey, but will pwn the FW900 and the fp2005?
I only require a 19 inch. If it's bigger, Kudos, if it's 17 inch I can deal.
Any suggestions???
Hell... I like my friends CTX FD Trinitron
I think it totally kicks ass, so if you can find something better than this or equivalent I am happy.
If the fp2005 LCD is better, (I don't see how when dealing with how LCDs refresh, dead pixels and screen door effect, thats just an LCD. ) then maybe I can deal with it.I just don't think LCDs look good for games or preform good.
Thanks!!