Limp Gawd
k guys my system is as follows,
Gigabyte Ga7n400Pro 2
AMD athlon 2500 @3200
WD 80, 8 mb buffer
maxtor 250, 8 mg buffer
1 gig kingston value mem
ati radeon 9600 xt
and random fans and stuff, but my problem is i got back from a lan today, and as i recall the comp didnt get beat up too much on the drive home, and when i went to set it back up tonight, the comp wouldnt start, fans just spun. so i tried a diff psu, unplugged everything, and so on. then i got it started but if i tried to stand it up right it would shut off again. and i have it stood up but now if it gets tipped even a little bit it shuts off, and takes a while before it decides it wants to start again. so basically i am completely mystified, i have no idea where to start looking, but until then i gotta be careful not to touch the damn thing. i appreaciate any help you can offer.

Reseat your Heatsink and processor. Take of the HS, take the CPU out of the slot, put it back in and snap it down, then put thermal paste back on the HS and re-seat it. Then, take your video card out and put it back in, check all your IDE cables and the like. It sounds like a loose connection. Try the power cord(s) connected to the motherboard.

It sounds like you got a short somewhere. When you tilt it you are moving the culprit wire which then shorts out the system...

Take out the components and reinstall making sure that you have the motherboard standoffs installed. Look for lose or bare wires....

good luck

yeah cause like i said i tried a diff psu, and it is just really tempremental, so i will try taking everything out.

Back