Dont know where to post this,,,,Slow downloads

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Im using comcast cable service and its working just fine for everything except downloading of files very much trying to download like ntune from nvidia site. The download goes so slow way under 100kb.

I have had the cable company come out to check the line and all is well only problem is that i had a cable modem that was about 4-5 years old. So i got another one from the cable man. Everything even went faster on most sites trying to download files 1.5 mb's.

I just cannot get nvidia files and files from soundblaster.com fast. I do not have a router and my cable modem plugs straight into my system and all the drivers for my nvidia network are up to date.

I dont know where else to post this so i figured networking was the best part of the forum to post this.

has the idea dawned on you that perhaps... just perhaps

nvidia's site is slow... and creative labs site is slow.... and it has nothing to do with your bandwidth.

Sometimes nvidia is slow for me as well... but every time i have ever downloaded something from creative labs, it's crawled along at 30k/sec

Sorry but yes it has dawn'd on me, but still i have never had the problem before and its recent which gave me the impression that it might have been my line.

BUT! im glad someelse has this problem too

Back