Don't Give up on vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna know the secret to being the best at something? You don't have to advertise it. You don't have to advertise for the other guy's products, either. Microsoft doesn't compare itself to Apple because, tada, Apple sells computer hardware with a proprietary OS attached to it. Microsoft doesn't sell computers, aka Microsoft wins that battle.

The better products don't need to ever advertise for the other guy - meaning they never need to advertise their product and mentioning the other guy's product at the same time. Honda mastered that years ago. They show their products, the gas mileage, the price, etc. Word of mouth and the actual owners take it from there, nothing more needs to be said. It's that way with a lot of products. Microsoft doesn't waste advertising money mentioning the other guy, they merely ask the question, "Where do you want to go today?" which is corny, but it works. Apple can't seem to do anything but say, "Look, we're young, we're hip, we're cool, be one of us."

I always laughed at the idea that the company that used "Think Different" as an ad slogan for many years prides itself on developing a nearly cult-like mentality for their products. Think different, as long as you think just like us. Now THAT is funny.

Apple, with it's pithy 5% market share (and I'm doubting that figure, really, I always have) could do so much better if they'd stop telling people "Vista sucks" in not so many words - they're spending money advertising the other guy's products. People look at the ads, think "Hey, I think a Mac is cool, but I already have a PC. I'm not just gonna take Apple's word about Vista, lemme go spend $100-200 and find out what the deal with Vista is instead of $1,000 plus for an entirely new platform, a new machine, and a new OS I know absolutely nothing about compared to Windows that I've been using for over a decade."

Yes, the ads are funny, but I watch them from a perspective of not only being a Windows user, supporter, tech supporter, hardware builder and installer, but a previous owner of 4 Macs in a 2 month period - and every one of them had hardware and software issues that prompted me to return them and spend my money on something that actually works.

I'm jaded, but then again, Apple gave me reason to be with overpriced hardware and a spam of hype that's nearly everywhere I look or listen these days.

Bleh.

Wanna know the secret to being the best at something? You don't have to advertise it. You don't have to advertise for the other guy's products, either...

...I'm jaded, but then again, Apple gave me reason to be with overpriced hardware and a spam of hype that's nearly everywhere I look or listen these days.

Well said
+1 as well

Well said.

Even if Mac's where better in everything, their mindset totally turns me off. I hate "Proprietary." Yes Microsoft does it too, but they do it far less. Dell is guilty too.

The video would be more funny if they showed Linux instead. Still funny nevertheless.... it was just anti-climatic.

Didn't Bill Gates bail out Mac anyways?

You know I have vista and OSX and I much prefer Vista. At first I was like wow M$ just ripped OSX off in a few places then I started to really like Vista. OSX is great I Guess if you want to dick around with a lot of settings and have a stupid file system but looks pretty. But I will give it that it's stable. Except for browsing I found pretty slow online. I like Vista and I'm glad I Shelled out the money for it. least it doesn't crash for some random reason like XP does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back