• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Don't Get A Dell S2240L

Yushatak

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
55
They have AWFUL light->dark response time. It's enough that on any game with bright backgrounds and dark objects it is *distracting*. Brilliant monitor otherwise, and if it weren't for this it would easily replace my S2220T with the dead pixel and now-weak backlight.

I just figured I'd post this so maybe someone will be saved the trouble/mistake.

This of course only matters if you have sensitive vision and/or give a crap - if things like this don't bother you, it's a great monitor.
 
My S2440L has this issue though it's a AMVA panel. Yours is IPS. I don't believe I've ever seen this on a IPS panel before.
 
I never had, either - granted I haven't owned a ton of IPS displays, just the S2220T and my iPhone 5 before this S2240L. When new, the only complaint I ever had about the S2220T was while the black levels were phenomenal (allowing me to accept LCDs over CRTs for the first time) the near-black was *too* dark in most things - I imagine because the games were designed for screens with shitty black levels, which is unfortunate. Had to boost gamma in a lot of games with that display or just deal with being at a disadvantage/mostly-blind in the dark. I really wanted an IPS with LED backlighting (non-edge), but it didn't exist at the time really - especially not at a price point I could do at that time, so I was excited for the S2240L, being what appeared to be a S2220T without touch and with LED lighting (granted it's edge, but still better than CFL in most cases for brightness).

The problem on the S2240L is pretty nasty in certain games - Cube World and Civilization 5 in particular I've noticed, with Cube World definitely the worst case scenario (I pay more attention to that flaw than the game, so I have to use another monitor).

Ended up going back to my S2220T for my desk, and mirrored the screen to the S2240L with a second KB/mouse for when I'm in bed - I can play something, lay down and continue, go back to the desk and continue some more.. Pretty nice, but I wish I'd just bought a used S2220T or two on eBay instead (and might well still do that - for some reason I only thought to look for new ones at the time, but if this is what we're dealing with for new screens..).
 
Back
Top